What Should I use to Paint Interior Panels? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What Should I use to Paint Interior Panels?
Friday, September 13, 2013 6:31 PM
I need to color match the console on my brown Cav and was considering this SEM vinyl spray paint.

Has anyone got any hints, tips or a better product to use.

Re: What Should I use to Paint Interior Panels?
Friday, September 13, 2013 7:41 PM
Amazing stuff. That's what I used for mine. When I did it it cost $15 a can and I used about 10 cans lol

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Saturday, September 14, 2013 3:30 PM
You could take it to a an auto paint store and they can color match it with a camera if they have one.

Monday, September 16, 2013 4:27 AM
Used Sem on my latest project . Changed from a saddle color to a dark red/ maroon coverage was great and is holding up without any cracks or chips . On the Pontiac I used Dupount out of a quart can Big $ and does not hold up very well always feels dry when you wipe it down the micro fiber wants to grip the interior pieces . Follow all the recommended steps use the soap with the adhesive promotor and finish off with a satin clear (also A sem procuct) You will be happy when done . The soap they recomend make all the old oils and soil float to the top it really does make a diffrence.

[IMG]
Monday, September 16, 2013 10:12 AM
k923- I love the signature pic. That car looks amazing...

Monday, September 16, 2013 5:18 PM
Thanks for the input guys. It is good to know I have a few options.

Monday, October 07, 2013 8:20 AM
I got a cheep way for You .I paint cars for a living, check this out.., Soup water. then Red scotch bright pad from a car parts store* .wax and grease remover. A can of bull dog. the bull dog is 30 bucks. that's the only thing that cost the most. its a plastic adhesion. two light cotes of that and any can of primer and any can of spray paint will stay forever.
Monday, October 07, 2013 6:11 PM
I work for a company that sells SEM coatings. You can't go wrong with SEM. Just make sure that you clean everything thoroughly.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search