Looks Like I Did Something Right - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looks Like I Did Something Right
Friday, November 08, 2013 5:46 AM
Today was the first time this year I started the Hawk in the morning without needing it to warm up for a few minutes because there wasn't frost on the windows this morning.

It finally doesn't act like a spoiled brat in the cold, and I think it even enjoyed the 36 degree temperature. Don't know if it was one thing or many things, but this summer we rebuilt the throttle body, replaced the EGR valve, changed the O2 sensor, replaced the idle air control, and I put a new filter on the PCV valve hose into the air cleaner.

yay me!

Re: Looks Like I Did Something Right
Friday, November 08, 2013 9:06 PM
Well that is good that it seems better.I know we have to realize these cars are not necessarily good for daily driving just with the age and idiots on the roads.Regardless glad that some updates paid off for it being better run wise.I too need to run mine at least in the garage(still on stands) and pondering the work to be done.I have a inspection due in Jan and can get it done up to 90 days before due.I think I will probably wait till dec and get it checked for the safety and then tear things all apart so I do not run into some hassles if things take longer.You know wayne they do sell covers soley for the windshield at walmart for like 10.00 that is frost and snow etc proof.I bought one for my new truck so,I can put it on in the day bc late at night the frost has set in already and have to wait to clear it.The cover lays on top and has elastic that goes inside the car to lock right to left and keep it in place.The straps are thin so no worries on the door seals and I recommend buying one.And way better than cardboard and dries quick.

Saturday, November 09, 2013 6:04 AM
I do have one of those, but sometimes early in the season, the weather is just unpredictable enough here that the frost is a surprise; and then that thing only keeps me from scraping the windshield, and I still let the car run while I get the sides and rear window cleaned off.

Yesterday it was in the 30s and I had the chance to start and go within 60 seconds.
Saturday, November 09, 2013 4:55 PM
Congrats Wayne!!

I know you have really been through a lot with your car this year. It is so nice to get to read some posative results!! What a Great Way to round out the year for you. I hope things continue to improve for you as we march forward into 2014.

As Paul says - it is the Journey - not the destination!

Friday, November 29, 2013 4:58 PM
Absolutely no reason these cars can't be daily drivers might take a little work to get em there , but other than that, they are as good if not better than any POS new car on the road nowadays.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search