Figured something neat out today.. - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Figured something neat out today..
Thursday, December 05, 2013 2:38 PM
didn't pay much attention to the hood hinges until today, I was getting ready to installa new tps sensor and opened the hood and wondered just how far back it would go, so i pushed it right on up to 90 degrees and then was looking for some place to put the prop rod and noticed a spot on the drivers hinge that looked like it was made for just that seeing as how the passenger side doesn't have one.
TADA!!!

now its just begging for me to pull the engine and redo it.

Re: Figured something neat out today..
Thursday, December 05, 2013 3:12 PM
I have seen that style in the junkyards, mostly on the Cavys. My Buick has the shock instead of the proprod. Someday when I get the body straightened out, I will have to go the proprod route so I can fit the body brace.

Since yours is a Cavy, where was it before, or wasn't it installed?
Thursday, December 05, 2013 4:04 PM
look about half way up the side of the hood and you can see the slot it normally slips into.
Thursday, December 05, 2013 5:45 PM
That's awesome

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, December 05, 2013 6:29 PM
Pretty cool feature. It took me about 20 years to notice it on mine!

Thursday, December 05, 2013 8:47 PM
By golly John, it looks like his Wagon is missing those reinforcement rods at the front corners of the engine bay. One of them cuts across above the battery. Wonder if the '84's had them or not?

Thursday, December 05, 2013 10:12 PM
I found that several years ago on a yard car. I promptly pulled the rod off for my car. The holes for it are all there on 2nd gens. I just welded a little tab to my hood hinge. One of the best and easiest mods I ever did.

Saturday, December 07, 2013 4:36 AM
Orlen,
My 84 didn't have the em. I grabbed mine from donor Cimarrons in the local yard.

Saturday, December 07, 2013 5:55 AM
sweet, nevy seen one. mind you i hardly ever see 2nd gens at the wreckers let alone any 1st gens...
Saturday, December 07, 2013 6:20 AM
we have a second gen wagon at my yard near the house. its a v6 though so doesn't do me alot of good
Saturday, December 07, 2013 1:24 PM
Shannon Hensley wrote:we have a second gen wagon at my yard near the house. its a v6 though so doesn't do me alot of good

Still scrounge whatever parts you can off of it, body parts aside from the windshield forward are interchangeable. You never know what you might need some day down the road.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search