Happy New Year 2014 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Happy New Year 2014
Tuesday, December 31, 2013 10:14 AM
Hey J-Body Pals-

Thought I would jump the gun a bit and wish you all a Happy New Year 2014. Hard to believe my 84 will be 30 calendar years old... It has been a little cold up here so not much progress on my rides. I did get the hood insulator from Philip so I will post some pics of that installed. I have been working on home projects, playing with my trains, and enjoying family time.

Wishing all of you the best in 2014.

Paul

Re: Happy New Year 2014
Tuesday, December 31, 2013 12:25 PM
Same here Paul...... Cold and salty roads so my j's are in hibernation.

Happy New Year!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 2:57 PM
Still driving my 2 " Down here " in Virginia. The ole Wagon is my daily and I just drive the Pontiac on the clear days - Pontiac sure has a Super Heater in it!!

Just a lot of cold here - no snow so far.

Glad to see Paul finally got his hood insulator!! Holy Grail - that one was! Now to find some plastic anchors to hold it in. I haven't been able to find the right sized ones myself - just trying to use - used ones and they are brittle, break easily. You got a lot of grimlins cleaned out of the way this year and it looks like you just might be able to enjoy some road time in your 'Bird in 2014!!

I think John's cup runneth over - poor fellow is gonna be mighty busy next year with his donor projects...LoL Well, at least you won't be bored my friend!!

I hope Ron gets to tinker on his Sunny next year - Ron has been very busy working on everything and everyone elses he hasn't had time to get to his own!!

Personally I have had a wonderful '13 and can't believe I have been so blessed and accomplished so much! Got lots to do this next year and hope I am as successful as well! I have learned a great deal from everyone one here during these years and I Thank You all!!

As Paul says - " It's not the destination but the journey along the way! "
So I look forward to eveyone sharing their " Journeys" next year!!

May all my friends here on J-Body enjoy a Happy 2014!!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 10:19 PM
Just got in from a yet long day.Well guess what my 1st project is for wed yep working on my nephews 02 civic.I will be installing a new radio and 4 spkrs and wiring it up.Once done I will do a full detail job as it has not seen a real good cleaning since I put it into active duty back in june.My focus is two things my old mazda is getting some under the hood resto work for the battery tray and fresh paint just there.Once done I can move it away from the garage when ready to take sunny for it's annual safety inspection.Once I get that done sunny is getting the work for the rear end finally started a year later!I just this past year had too much to do around the home,fixing other cars and just routine items.I am not taking on any big projects until I get sunny to a happy point on things planned then save some money to pursue the front end mega job.I seem to spend a lot of time doing everything but,on my own rides in need of specific things and while not dailys just get behind on well fixing my own old cars.So good luck with what ever car stuff you all have planned or other wise and have a safe enjoyable fresh new year.At least with my new Toyota up keep is easy just wash,wax and my ocd cleaning I do with it every week!! Done

Wednesday, January 01, 2014 7:53 PM
Orlen-

I was able to find properly fitting hood retainers. The tough part was I did not chase the old ones out before I started to install the insulator. I have that fixed now but was a pain in the butt.

I have a part # that was spot on for mine - Dorman GM Body Trim Panel Retainers - Part #457130BP. They come in boxes of 3. The alternative is the GM part on ebay and I think they are going for $24.

Thursday, January 02, 2014 7:31 AM
Happy New Year to all.

2013 was a banner year for me and the Hawk, and 2014 is shaping up for another great year already. The Hawk is in the body shop now, hopefully I'll be able to post pics later, but with my computer situation that just never comes easy. Lots more rust than I expected, but the Q-panels will be all nice and ready for another 30+ years. Because the rear bumper cover had to come off to get the q-panels done, I am having them install the new bumper.

In the Spring, I expect to sand/primer the doors and hood, and I will have to drop the rear axle and sand/paint that, plus rebuild the spring cups. Later in the year I plan to install the sidepods.

I have FINALLY been placed into the contestant pool for Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and because of how I was placed into the pool, and what happened in September on MSQ, I expect to get that call I've been waiting so many years for. I have about a 90% chance of leaving with at least $25K, so that will be some nice bucks for the Hawk to get the paint job.
Friday, January 03, 2014 4:43 AM
Happy New year all. Though I don't own a 1st gen I do consider this section sort of home lol due to all the helpful info posted here.

2013 was a @!#$ty year for me so here's to hoping 2014 will be the opposite .

Sunday, January 05, 2014 4:24 AM
happy new year to all, sry havent been on in a while lost my password in the move, the 85s parked in garage and looking for a new head gasket next year but its all good

Sunday, January 05, 2014 6:02 AM
Glad to see you back John! Guess your toys are in "cold storage" now - in their new home!! Just a thought - you might make sure your antifreeze is a wee bit stronger now that you are far up north. I imagine you are getting some bitterly cold weather nowadays and don't need a suprise cracked block or popped freeze plug.

Hope to see some happy posts this year!

Sunday, January 05, 2014 7:39 AM
the sunbird is sharing the garage with 5 bikes 2 snowmobiles and my tools checked antifreeze long before it got cold but started leaking coolant arond the head gasket at start up would stop once running ( warm ) so i just parked it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search