New summer wheels for the wagon - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New summer wheels for the wagon
Saturday, January 25, 2014 7:28 AM
I saw these wheels on Craigslist and am considering purchasing them:

They are Beretta GTZ rims even though the person stuck VW stickers on them.
I've always liked those wheels and while I really like the 2000 Z24 rims that are now on my wagon, I think that the seasonal change of look will make me even happier !
May consider powdercoating them a gunmetal color if the current condition isn't really super nice.
The tires on them are waaay too small for my car, but that won't be hard to fix!

~ Mike ~

Re: New summer wheels for the wagon
Saturday, January 25, 2014 10:06 AM
I have all kinds of different wheels to switch up on my J's and it really makes it nice to have a change. I can always pop off a set and put on some fresh ones and it makes cleaning up the dirty ones a whole lot easier too. People might think I'm nuts but at least I am a happy nut!

You might jump on them if you are interested since it being tax refund time a lot of folks are loaded and eager to spend.

I myself am seriously thinking about picking up a set of 14's so I can run a nice set of 185/70/14 Snow Treads on the wagon in the winter. Haven't decided what style, but I do run steelies in the winter and save those alloys for the prettier weather.

Hope you score!!

Saturday, January 25, 2014 4:56 PM
Makes me kinda sad that the VW guys know about these. I wanted a set for my car and they are hard to find now. Good luck.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Sunday, January 26, 2014 8:54 AM
I like em. I am trying to find a nice set of 16s for my Sunbird. I have always like the black mesh with the chrome lip (enkei / bbs style).

Good luck with the acquisition!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search