Fuel injection emblem cap? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fuel injection emblem cap?
Tuesday, February 11, 2014 10:03 PM
Look at the cap on top of the air filter housing. I know it says 2.0 fuel injection but was that a option or did that come on all the first gen 2.0 cavaliers.
I tried to attach the photo but it wouldn't bring it up, I was using photo bucket so maybe that isn't compatible.
Attachments
fdeb3c1b-91d7-44b1-aee0-387244f87426.jpg (240k)

Re: Fuel injection emblem cap?
Tuesday, February 11, 2014 10:39 PM
I have one or two spare plastic covers like yours.This clip on cover seems to be soley for like the 83/84 models mostly.I do not think any of the 85s had that on recall in my junky yard experience.I can find my spares I kept as historical saving and might pop up a picture this week when not soooo tired.It serves no purpose other than saying it is fuel injected really.Hope this anwers your question.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 10:46 PM
I pulled that picture off the internet because the one off of mine is long gone and was wondering what it really was and where I could buy one for a better stock look.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:32 PM
John has one on his Vert.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:43 PM
I'd really like to buy that plastic cover for mine because it looks very naked and plain without it. Maybe I can con Ron into selling me one of his spare.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 1:34 PM
Got my car used with 39K on it back in 86. It did not have it when I got the car. The one I have now came from the 53K mile one owner 4 door sedan parts car that I got back in 06. It also was an 84 and was a low optioned car.

Attachments
IMG_1127.jpg (156k)
IMG_1127.JPG.zip (1654k)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search