I found the 8mpg Cavalier lol - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I found the 8mpg Cavalier lol
Tuesday, February 11, 2014 10:49 PM

Re: I found the 8mpg Cavalier lol
Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:02 PM
Gross, needs different wheels!

Id give him 5K... no way 15.5 LOL

89 355 s10 blazer
94 sunbird, 2.0 turbo 5spd getrag swap
Turbonetics turbo, intercooler, E85 20psi
Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:06 AM
I wonder what bracing he has done underneath to keep it from twisting like a pretzel on a hard launch.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:09 AM
90% of the people in the comments on that page don't know what they're talking about. Feels like they're there just to bash.
$15 000, is a lot, but then again look at what other people were asking for their cars.
I know if I sold my 82 hatch I'd have to get a pretty penny for it. RWD isn't cheap hahaha

On another note,
I have pictures of this car saved on one of my computers somewhere, I'll try and find them and post them haha, pretty sure I got one of underneath.
Beautiful car though.

I do seriously find it funny though, that most rwd cavaliers are all from Canada, because that's another one.
I guess we're crazy up here.
Wednesday, February 12, 2014 12:15 PM
Lot of Cavalier hate on that page lol...

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 1:30 PM
A Lot Lot Lot of Cavalier hate going on there. I would buy it, but the gas to just cruise would put a crimp in my wallet. Great thing about the 2.0 is 25 MPG and cruising all night with the top down for cheap.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:09 PM
Seemed like a lot of bashing in general going on there - even the Mustang II took a licking, As far as being a donor for this car it is far older than the J-Bodies and even harder to come across these days. All I ever seem to see these days if I ever do is the little Cobra II's.
Personally I like Codys approach using S-10 frame and parts keeping the theme GM. Of course everyone has their own taste.

Just an observation - but the windshield sure does seem to have a lot of rake to it. Im curious if this car is a chop top???

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:25 PM
Asking price is obviously too high.Neat in the idea dept but not a favored change for me.The dislike is normal and IF the car were still stock and pristine would get more appreciation as we know here.

Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:52 AM
Nothing beats pure Horse Power. Most 1st gen verts are OE stock, so this is definitely a "have to check out" at the car shows when it rumbles in. You expect a 69 Camero to rumble in and never give it a second thought. I personally love to be able to smoke em like that. The feeling of the rear end slide is like nothing else. That's why I keep my 5.4 F150 even though it is starting to rust away.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search