Parts Run Anyone? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Parts Run Anyone?
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:34 PM
One of my local yards is having a 50% off sale for labor day weekend. I know there is an 84 cavalier sedan there and several 2nd gens.I am also going to a second yard that has an 86 Z24 and a skyhawk. I haven't been to the second one since May so there may also be some fresh arrivals. Just let me know if I should keep my eyes open for anything that you guys are looking for.

Re: Parts Run Anyone?
Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:03 AM
Darn, a wee bit far for me to want to pay the shipping on a header panel for the Hawk...but pics are always cool.
Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:08 AM
I'll try to snap some pics while I'm there. That hawk was still complete last time I was there. It even still ran.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 12:06 PM
Here is the dream list:

Hood Insulator from 84-87 Pontiac Sunbird TURBO. They are specific with an arrowhead and TURBO script.

Front and rear door moldings (rubber with the whiskers). Mine are shot, thinking of trying to build some new ones...

Trim shift plate from a 4 speed manual sunbird GT that mates to a console with the upper cubby part.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:01 PM
Paul I'm not too familiar with Pontiac trim. Can you post a pic of what the shifter plate looks like and the molding? Are these parts on the second gens as well?

Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:33 PM
Josh the shifer plate is the plastic piece in this photo that would - on an automatic equipped model have the PRNDL indicators on it - except in Paul's case he is looking for a manual plate with the leather boot covering the shifter.

And here is the hood insulator he's dying to find.....LoL

Friday, August 30, 2013 9:36 AM

Photos of today's run. Didn't find anything I needed. I wanted to find an A/C condenser but the z24 was damaged and I couldn't really get to the skyhawk to check it out. I looked at 2 second gens but they were different. There was a turbo grand am but somebody cut the turbo logo out of the hood insulator.

Friday, August 30, 2013 10:13 AM
Interesting SkyHawk there.

It has the turbo hood, but it's not a T-type. It doesn't have the limited interior or package, but has that steering wheel, doors and trim of a higher t-type model. It may have that trim because it is a later model year car with the hidden headlights; yet it has the older shifter model.

My best guess is someone had an older model and put some newer model parts on it. Would love to know what happened to that dash with the holes and cracks in it. Funny how the radio is out of the car, but the right side panel of the dashboard is still on the car.

It has the luggage rack someone else was just looking for.

From the pics, the window sweeps of both cars seem to be good.
Friday, August 30, 2013 7:59 PM
Orlen- Thanks for covering me on the pics.

Josh - Thanks for looking. I like the Skyhawk hood too. If you go back, please snap some pics of the turbo grand am. That is one rare car.

I saw another "Parts Galore" on the way to Toledo. I may check it out over the weekend. I will post pics if I find anything good.

Friday, August 30, 2013 8:06 PM
I plan on going back to that yard if john wants that shifter boot off that z. It was kinda ragged out and the boot was hard as a rock. I'm hoping to find a better one at the next 2 yards tomorrow. Might even find a few F-body parts I need as well.

Saturday, August 31, 2013 5:23 AM
Paul94Z28 wrote:Orlen- Thanks for covering me on the pics.

Josh - Thanks for looking. I like the Skyhawk hood too. If you go back, please snap some pics of the turbo grand am. That is one rare car.

I saw another "Parts Galore" on the way to Toledo. I may check it out over the weekend. I will post pics if I find anything good.

What were you doing in my neck of the woods . Next time your around here check out http://www.cherrypickedparts.com one of the only local U pull yards, but be sure to carry some protection as it is not in a nice part of town. We used to have a few U pull yards in Sylvania but Sylvania city council "outlawed" them, lot of nice cars went to china .

Saturday, August 31, 2013 11:25 AM

[IMG]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn280/jmm642003/IMAG0222_zps62d5e9bd.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn280/jmm642003/IMAG0224_zps0daee83b.jpg[/IMG

These are the pics I took from PicknPull today. I saw multiple 2nd gens in all trim levels except z24. One was even a 5 speed 4cyl coupe. These were the only 1st gens there. That 87 wagon wasn't even on their list and I found it in the very last row. It donated an A/C condenser to me. I've never seen a wagon with a spoiler I thought it looked neat.

I found this rare find today also. It's a 78 GMC cabbalirro. I think I spelled that wrong lol.

Saturday, August 31, 2013 11:40 AM

Saturday, September 14, 2013 3:44 PM
Spike J wrote:
What were you doing in my neck of the woods . Next time your around here check out http://www.cherrypickedparts.com one of the only local U pull yards, but be sure to carry some protection as it is not in a nice part of town. We used to have a few U pull yards in Sylvania but Sylvania city council "outlawed" them, lot of nice cars went to china .

Just a heads up about Cherry picked autoparts, what they have listed on their online inventory isn't always in the yard. Went there today looking for parts for the Saturn and it was a bust, out of all the ones listed on their online inventory they only had 8. And only one 2nd gen Jbody was there, '89 Z24, and it was scavenged already and what wasn't taken was nicely hammered by some assclown . One interesting find was a 1969 factory Cadillac Fleetwood Limo very nice and restorable condition, pretty sad it's eventually going to end up crushed and melted.

Sunday, September 15, 2013 4:37 PM
That limo could probably use one of our J's for an escape pod

Monday, April 28, 2014 7:40 PM
Went back to pick n pull and came across a near complete 92 Z24. Still had the cowl induction air box and a strut bar.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search