Parts Galore Score! - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Parts Galore Score!
Sunday, April 13, 2014 11:00 AM
I went to Parts Galore today and scored some stuff that I don't need personally, but someone here might...

There was an 87 Z24 that offered up a digital dash and a strut tower brace. The rest of the car was pretty rough, but I am going back in a couple of weeks if anyone needs anything. It was the only first gen in the yard. The hood was coming apart. the air induction setup appeared good. Some interior still there. Rear bumper ground effects there. Front grille and bumper gone.

Anyone want/need the Digi dash of strut tower brace?

Re: Parts Galore Score!
Sunday, April 13, 2014 1:43 PM
Sent you a PM. Many thanks!

Sunday, April 13, 2014 3:24 PM
reply sent Steve

lmk if anyone wants these parts...

Sunday, April 13, 2014 10:20 PM
Finding a Z these days in any condition is awesome.At least you did get two solid items.I myself keep checking online at my yards for anything worth going to look at.Good deal you saved some history there paul!

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:55 AM
Hey Paul,

When you go back, would you check to see if the car has power seats? If so, please grab the housing on the seat that the switch goes into and I'll gladly pay you for it and your time grabbing it!

Hope to see you around this summer with your bird,

Walt
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:07 PM
Walt - I will check.

I am trying to go back on Friday.

Friday, April 18, 2014 3:01 PM
I went back today.

I was able to pick up some airbox hardware for Steve. Unfortunately no dice on the power seat parts Walt. This was a rather low optioned Z24 with crank windows.

I will try and post some pics later.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 4:06 AM
Was the A/C condenser in good shape? I need one for mine. If its shot I at least need the mounting brackets.

Friday, April 25, 2014 8:32 AM
I sold the digi cluster on eBay within 2 hours of listing it. I guess I priced it too low.

Monday, April 28, 2014 7:29 PM
Paul I still haven't tested that cluster I got from you. My Trans Am keeps sucking up all my free time.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:02 PM
Josh-

I can relate. I did just sell the second one I salvaged to a guy on eBay for $100

Paul

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 2:24 PM
Paul, I think you have discovered a way to finance some future car projects!

Before the salvage yard here disposed of the 3 2nd gens there I had a notion to pick up a spare ignition lock with key since I learned they sell for an eye poppin' $150 new. Low n' behold someone came along and pulled all 3 of them.........and I bet dimes to donuts they were probably going to resell them on EBay and make some quick cash.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Locksmart-Ignition-Lock-Cylinder/1994-Chevrolet-Cavalier/_/N-j0wheZ9cice?itemIdentifier=646706_0_0_1277

Unfortunately I'm tapped out for the next 6 weeks so it'll be a long hard wait before I can revisit the candy store!!

Monday, May 05, 2014 9:41 AM
Hey Paul,

Thanks for looking, I appreciate it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search