1984 Skyhawk T-Type - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1984 Skyhawk T-Type
Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:40 AM
I am thinking of parting out my 84 Skyhawk T-Type. I spent all winter rebuilding the 1.8L Turbo and now I am thinking of keeping the engine for my dune buggy. The car sat outside for the last 10 or so years and I don't think I want to spend the time and money on the body and interior. It is not to far gone but does have some rust in spots and a few dents and dings. Is anyone interested in this car as a whole or any parts that are on it? I can get some pics of any area anyone is interested in. It will be a complete rolling chassis with trans as soon as I put the front suspension back under it. I also have the original block that it came with.

Re: 1984 Skyhawk T-Type
Thursday, July 24, 2014 1:14 PM
nose, rear bumper & hood

ps reservoir, overflow & washer bottles
Friday, July 25, 2014 5:34 AM
The nose and driver fender are not the original. When I bought the car back in 2000 it was in a minor accident that involved replacing the nose and fender. Everything else is original. I will get some pics this weekend of the parts for you. I know the hood is good shape except the metal around where the shock mounts is a little thin.
Monday, July 28, 2014 7:23 AM
Here are some pictures of the Skyhawk. The one where the hood shock is attached came out a little blurry.
http://s1057.photobucket.com/user/bwert1970/library/
Thursday, August 07, 2014 10:16 AM
Sorry I haven't been able to get back to you, it's rare that I'm on a "real" computer and can type on here.

With the crack in the rear bumper, I'll have to say no go on that one.

Is there a chunk of the hood missing on the left front? Pictures can sometimes fool the eye.

Could you post more pics of the nose before I consider driving out there?

The bottles/ps reservoir look good. Definitely the PS reservoir, and yes to one of those bottles, but I have to see which one I already have a spare of and let you know. I'll try and do that by tomorrow.
Thursday, August 07, 2014 1:18 PM
The corner of the hood is rolled under a bit from when it was in the accident. I never got around to bending it back. I will get some more pics of the front nose and some more of the hood tonight.
Thursday, August 07, 2014 7:36 PM
where are you located.and whats price on whole car

Friday, August 08, 2014 5:42 AM
I have in my possession a washer bottle, so the overflow and ps reservoir and maybe the nose at this point.

I really need to think about that hood. I already have a turbo hood and a regular hood; it's just how bad I might want another turbo hood.
Friday, August 08, 2014 5:53 AM
I am located in Hebron Indiana. I would take $600 for the whole car minus the engine and ecu/ecm. I plan on putting the front suspension under it tomorrow morning so I can get it out of the garage. If anyone wants to come look at it I will be around.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search