Can I tempt Ron with a Yellow Vert ? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Can I tempt Ron with a Yellow Vert ?
Monday, September 29, 2014 1:03 PM

Re: Can I tempt Ron with a Yellow Vert ?
Monday, September 29, 2014 1:07 PM
It is in Greensboro, so I think Ron would have to go see it.

Monday, September 29, 2014 8:56 PM
I have the contact info now.I may humor myself and see what the seller really has and asking price of course.It is kind of late now in the day and will wait till tues my other Vacation day off to do as I please and no body else's drama.This does have my interest and who know's what I will hear out of this seller.One thing is for sure being well IN town I will carry my scan tool and my knowledge IF I think this is worthy of my time and interest.Neat orlen I never check cl adds as I am too busy well fixing everything else and cleaning and drinking a beer at the end of the day to chill out.

Thursday, October 02, 2014 11:32 PM
I called the owner about this ride.I have some pics sent to by phone as well.I will have to load those on my home box to share when I have time.Car seems pretty nice but owner said there is a clunk or noise coming from the engine and not sure what it is.I really would like a yellow vert but,if this car needs a engine rebuild assuming that might be a issue I had to think on this.I really do not have time this week to even go check it out either.I had to ponder the idea even if it is nothing major I have two old rides I need to focus on and spend money on them as I know these two and what it will cost.While I would like to add another J to my club at this time cost/time and another car sitting waiting for work and money is not something I won't to add to my list of projects.I do not know if I will ever go check the car out,but the owner said if no offers came in he would keep it and get what ever is wrong with it fixed..Just updating as I have been busy bringing my sister in laws 2010 Honda accord back from the nasty upkept status for like 8 hours today.I will pop pics of that Friday once I get two final pics outside in the day light.Let's just say steam cleaning the water I dumped out of my shop vac was literally dirt colored!Gross it was.

Friday, October 03, 2014 2:40 PM
Well darn, thought I had stumbled across Ron's next car.

I'd do my best to talk you into jumping in - but I truly understand your reasons. As I mentioned in an earlier post the 1st consideration should be proper storage of any keeper before bringing it home. I think several of us would have dozens if we could only figure out where to keep them. It doesn't do them any good sitting around collecting dust and rust awaiting the right person to come along when sometimes that person never does.

So I do hope this one doesn't haunt you as one of them that got away. I myself had a chance to pick up a 2nd Gen Z-24 several years ago from a coworker for $600 and passed it up - it kinda does a number on me from time to time.

About the same time I came across yours I also found this local wagon , that, like yourself I could enjoy but with 3 already ( 3 ???) it just isn't feasible either. I guess there will always be the temptation from time to time . Someday , though, I just might have to take the plunge on a 5 speed!!!

http://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/4682869718.html

Friday, October 03, 2014 8:29 PM
Agreed orlen on what you said.My logic was pretty simple as I have one j and one old mazda both of which are working rides and do need more cash poured into them to get them to the content point for me.Plus I have a yota with payments each month for a couple of years.I at time's just overload myself with projects at home and the upkeep of several family rides that at times wear me thin on time and my obligations to my own stuff.It is easier to just to walk away from rides up for sale unless some kinda of low cost and at least working in degrees so you can doodle with it.My doodle time is real low as I will move on and just care for what I have.Plus the wife would clearly not go for yet another ride in the cost corral.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search