Passenger Side Axle Project - 2015 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Passenger Side Axle Project - 2015
Monday, December 29, 2014 9:04 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Been enjoying downtime from work and my family so not much time for cars right now...

I started thinking on next steps for the bird would be the PS driveshaft and seal - now that I have the driver's side under my belt.

I was able to source the DS axle from Advance with the Part #Tough One NCV10043. I don't seem to be able to locate the passenger side one with the 30mm bolt that is shown for the Manual transmission cars. Anyone else run into this? I need to do the seal, but given my DS one was leaking at the boots and this side is original as well, I thought I would freshen it while I am in there. Advance has been my best source for parts for my 84 in the area.

Comments / Thoughts appreciated.

Re: Passenger Side Axle Project - 2015
Monday, December 29, 2014 9:15 AM
It is looking like part Part No. NCV10056 may fit the bill but it is only showing for AT vehicles.

Monday, December 29, 2014 3:41 PM
I read that is a common problem on the passenger side in all J cars, GM never offered a recall or an updated seal. Mine needs replacing also, wish I changed them when I did my tranny replacement even though they looked good.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Monday, December 29, 2014 11:07 PM
I am well just worn out and digging for parts tonight is not on my to do list.Let me get a day off and see what my searching can yield.I am sooooo tired as the last two days have been like 13 hrs or more and the miles driven in the last two about 1100.R

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 10:10 PM
http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/CV-Driveshaft-Right-Front-Remfd/_/R-NMD959140_0173000906 Paul I entered as much info as possible like yr,model and manual and coupe/vert.Just check over these specs in the info I found. Cost is $62.49 with a core of $31.11 from napa.It was buried in the trans section on almost like the last page.I would measure your axle as best you can and see if it close before yanking out your original.As for the axle nut it did not state that in the spec sheet.This was my first dig into sourcing the passenger side cv joint aka axle.I will look more to see who has what.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 10:16 PM
Wednesday, December 31, 2014 10:16 AM
Thanks Ron-

I actually have an Orielly close by. The specs look the same, I have to look into the finish. I was hoping to find a match from Tough One but Mastercraft will work.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 11:15 PM
Ok good deal and always glad to offer the research finding things.R

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search