Went to the U-pull it and wow found some cool stuff. - Page 13 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Went to the U-pull it and wow found some cool stuff.
Thursday, January 22, 2015 9:43 PM
Ok I have some details to explain and will keep it short on this post but follow up on the next!!!!! All these items are for orlen and the hoping to get the dash next week if I can.

Thursday, January 22, 2015 9:58 PM
Ok to walk thru this 1986 sunbird.And I have 1 more neat feature to share but,just tired,and need to get some things done before.I removed the hood and deck lid (trunk) and to show the REAL comparison on the cleaned and polished 29 yr old paint I did my MAGIC.Compare the hood to the trunk lid? Umm kinda cool I think and I did take the spoiler OFF and wash and clean the part and luster the ever liven sh--- out of it.That metallic blue just pops some kind of fierce.I have ALL the interior plastic from the front to rear and it has been cleaned and is ready.I saved this premo console as IT is a step up version with a couple of extra features.Lastly I started to disamantle the dash and I have it almost ready to yank and it took me a good hour and half to get it to this point.This car has 1 ODD feature NO speedo cable to the cluster!!!!!!!! It is electronic and feed thru the wiring? Anyway I spent like 4 hours digging thru and getting the hood,deck lid and all the plastic stuff for orlen as he pre=paid for the cost and it was a deal for the items I got.I am hoping to go back to get the dash next week if I have the funds or orlen can conjur up some extra prior to since I have the dash almost ready to yank.I will say the dash has one hair line crack when I pulled it out some but that is literally a HAIR line and not bad for a freaking 29 yr car.Orlen let me on the cluster as I know your car has the speedo cable and this one is wayyy different and I may just buy it myself and save it for a later mega sale for easy cash in my wallet.I am saving everything in the hardware and hvac assembly and anything I yanked period.i could go more but I am dealing with some muscle pains in my upper back and kicking over to my shoulder on the left side and yes I WENT TO THE doctor today for that .The pain is excrutiating at times and there is not enough bc,goodies to knock it down.I went crazy and used some of my wife's oxycodiene today as it was horrid and that kept it calm.I have some med's prescribed to me and going for those Friday to help cope with my problem.I will say laying in the floor of that sunbird lifting the dash and crawling did actually help keep the pain away (go figure).RON the parts freak.

Friday, January 23, 2015 1:46 PM
W O W!!!

T H A N K Y O U for all the HARD work put into this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't say that enough.

What are the chances of even comng across a 1st gen Pontiac in this condition with a blue interior - the optional interior at that, and on top of all this having a fine fellow like Ron to be able to take time out of his incredibily busy life and be able to pick all these parts.......then he even has his back hurting him? No he goes ahead and finishes a BIG yard haul anyways.

W O W ....

I must be dreaming - pinch, pinch....OUCH

That Trunk Lid could be used in one of those commercials where they show off how well their car finish product works!! Before - After!! So amazing - how does he do that?

There is no doubt that this year is a Big Bang for the ole Pontiac. I am very very Grateful!!

Friday, January 23, 2015 3:48 PM
Great stuff there Ron.

Paul can attest to how rare that style of console is. Glad to see it being saved.

Friday, January 23, 2015 8:08 PM
I can say that center console was a small task to remove as the hidden hardware which I KNOW where just being carefull.Btw I did save the plastic tab that shows what gear your in with the orange tab color(I save everything) as I tell many you can't just go buy specific parts like interior and or other wise today NEW anywhere.The fun is saving as much as possible.

Saturday, January 24, 2015 7:41 AM
Wow- Great Score Ron

Orlen is one lucky guy...

Still waiting for the unicorn of a manual shift plate to surface so I can take my console the next step. They are hard to come by!

Sunday, February 08, 2015 7:42 PM
Not crazy newsworthy , but scored a 1st Gen Throttle Body and Starter this weekend. Seating is out of '97 Z24 - for the '98

Sunday, February 08, 2015 7:46 PM
Orlen I could make that TBI look brand new!!! At least you found something worthy to use and good for you.

Thursday, February 12, 2015 8:31 AM
Dang you guys score some good stuff.

Somebody near Middlesboro Kentucky should pick this puppy up - could probably talk 'em down to $500

85 Type 10

Thursday, February 12, 2015 3:16 PM
96S1 wrote:Dang you guys score some good stuff.

Somebody near Middlesboro Kentucky should pick this puppy up - could probably talk 'em down to $500

85 Type 10

If someone does buy it, I have a complete near mint 85 Interior with 55k on (minus instrument cluster and radio bezel).

Thursday, February 12, 2015 6:35 PM
Ron,
I am looking for a first gen z24 hood and a rear sway bar setup for my wagon.
If you have any leads, let me know

~ Mike ~

Thursday, February 12, 2015 8:51 PM
Mike I have the rear sway as I actually have a inventory of those so 1 down.On the hood I assume you want the fiber glass with air intake vents correct?I have one but I am holding that for me.I will keep my eye open for the hood.On the rear sway I have plastic pieces and bands pretty much like I showed pics in the thread of 96 with his new old hatch.On the rear sway do you want that just clean or ready for install.R

Friday, February 13, 2015 9:05 AM
Ron Love wrote:Mike I have the rear sway as I actually have a inventory of those so 1 down.On the hood I assume you want the fiber glass with air intake vents correct?I have one but I am holding that for me.I will keep my eye open for the hood.On the rear sway I have plastic pieces and bands pretty much like I showed pics in the thread of 96 with his new old hatch.On the rear sway do you want that just clean or ready for install.R

Yeah, I want the fiberglass Z hood with the air intake bulges on it.
As far as the sway bar, I'd like it complete (brackets preferred), but it doesn't have to be cleaned-up or painted - I prefer to do that stuff myself..!
Just let me know how much and your paypal ID or where to send the check to.
Thanks !

~ Mike ~

Friday, February 13, 2015 7:32 PM
Ok I just need to get my box of extra brackets down this coming week and make sure I have all those pieces.I wish I had left it out as just a week ago I cleaned out those containers full of my spare pieces.I did put my hands on them but,left them stored as those pieces are high up ontop of my cabinets.I will get things together and work on packing it up as is.I still have to pack up that other set but do not have enough packing material to box it yet.Always one thing I am out of,or short.

Thursday, March 05, 2015 5:54 PM
Many thanks to Orlen Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got the front seats today that he tracked down for me.

Saved from the crusher and will live on for many years to come.

My originals are sun baked and starting to literally turn to dust. Now I just need a set of rears or even the fabric from a set to modify to the convertible size.

Thursday, March 05, 2015 5:58 PM
sweet seats!

Thursday, March 05, 2015 9:01 PM
Those are close enough imo for a simple swap.I have one full set of Z seats I saved front and rear that are almost a match for sunny covered and hanging in my shop.I may ultimately get my fronts recovered to a 2 color deal as finding factory fabric like mine 30 yrs old is impossible.Plus I have two front buckets from that 87 Skyhawk this summer past that need to be redone but,have more side support and nice head rest.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search