Went to the U-pull it and wow found some cool stuff. - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Went to the U-pull it and wow found some cool stuff.
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 8:30 PM
Ok pics say it all found a 1986 Z front bumper was gone,or missing.But got the whole rear,side pieces and brackets they fasten to,I even got a trunk lid (I need one) mines dented on sunny and def not fixable and the paint is not the orig on it,but was orig gold.No pics on trunk figured why bother.Opps forgot yeah I got the tails and center for license plate as well,not pictured.I so wanted the front but,not sure if some one got it already or was missing.The car WAS not wrecked.The interior is umm toast on this Z24 worn hard(errrrrr)I also got this cowl hood looks rough but only the rhs corner is chipped.A little sanding and some glazing and primer it will be all good.See this is what happens when someone says I need a part and then I start thinking of going to the u pull and bam.Parts in my garage now.

Re: Went to the U-pull it and wow found some cool stuff.
Thursday, July 14, 2011 5:59 AM
Likoi the rear bumper and skirts. Have three of the hoods...
Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:23 AM
Great Score!

Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:59 PM
How were the doors on that car?
Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:38 PM
cool scores. Someone will want that cowl hood for sure.

(Quoting a past member)-"Never underestimate a First Gen"
Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:51 PM
Nice, are you going to turn the Type 10 into a Z car? It's good to see other people are interested in saving this stuff. Once it's gone it's gone forever!!!

Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:07 PM
The doors umm I checked both exterior wise looked pretty straight,the rhs door had some small rust under the door panel at the seem but,very small and def fixable.I did not look under the lhs door where it hits the door seals,where rust tends to form.Handles and key holes looked ok,door seals at glass worn hard.I would have to revisit to better scope the doors to the letter for a better analysis.Generally they looked solid,dents(cant recall) but saw none initially. AS for the parts holding onto due to no longer made,and tails are def not available.I am keeping sunny stock to retain its overall status as altered.Wayne if your interested in the doors it might be a piece of work to get them shipped if that were the case,not to mention removing them.Never did doors,but guess u unbolt them or drill out hinge center pins? idk.I can remove just about anything,with time and tools.

Friday, July 15, 2011 6:43 AM
Next time you go, if you could get a better look at the doors, that would be great. If they are manual windows and in great shape, take some pics and let me know. Also let me know how much the yard charges for them (my local yards have $30 & $50 for doors with all accessories attached)

As far as removing them, I found the easy way! We discussed removal in another thread, and it was not a pretty thing to try and do, but I have recently discovered a wonderful tool that allows you to remove the pins on the hinges. Simply take out both pins and the door comes off the hinge, leaving the hinges attached to the car. Then I only have to buy new pins/collar sets to mount doors on my car.

For the shipping, might not be an issue. I checked your profile to make sure of where you’re from, and I have an uncle in Rocky Mount. If he agrees (I’m sure he will) I could send him the money and have him meet you somewhere, then when he gets up my way he can give me the doors.

The tool can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/Steck-Manufacturing-21835-Hinge-Popper/dp/B000RI9GJ6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1310737029&sr=8-3

If this is not a tool you want to buy and keep in your arsenal, I could buy it and have it shipped to you for the removal of the doors, then you could give it to my uncle when you meet.
Friday, July 15, 2011 6:46 AM
or duh, i could just send you the money (wasn't thinking there)
Friday, July 15, 2011 7:02 AM
Good find's I'm glad I still have my full Z kit for the vert Stuffs impossible to find anymore.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Friday, July 15, 2011 9:28 PM
Right oh wayne.I just printed off the tool so I do not have to wonder back here for the info.Let me take a look at my doors and how the pins and stuff work and will try to swing by the junkyard monday,and take a pic or two and just get a good idea of the actual shape,and if crank windows or electric.I will see what I can do.

Monday, July 18, 2011 8:24 PM
No junk yard run today,got diverted on some other things.I will probably go thurs my free day to kick around.Plus it will give me time to access the door hinge removal on mine,and then see if those doors at the u pull are worth getting.Just updating things so your not wondering.Have to work tues and yard work weds(fun) sure it is.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 1:05 PM
no problem, it's easy to wait while money is being sucked away faster than I can pull it in...
Wednesday, July 20, 2011 9:48 AM
Hey Ron,

If and only if you are going again (Thursday) and if there is a V6 there- I need the two black plastic wing nut style bolts that hold down the black air filter housing cover on the V6- these are the holes/locations above and parallel to the radiator. Damn chain shop lost them when they replaced my alternator and battery yesterday..

Thanks again!

John

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 9:33 PM
Ok I will see if I can go.I have my sister in laws 2010 accord that is dire need of a complete detail job.I started it tonight(omg) pulled whls and covers off,cleaned the fender welds,shined them up with some gloss black paint.Then cleaned the steelies and a fresh coat of paint on the wheel cover side,they were fading from the area the covers show metal.Reinstalled all torqued lugs,check psi tires were low.The interior and exterior are next,and nasty.Go figure(woman) who supposedly takes good care of said car.Yeah right,hell my wife keeps hers clean (however) I wash it every wk,and interior work too.But the wifey is not slobby.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:24 AM
dang- in this heat they better pay you good!

Got the coolant bottle yesterday -looking fine! I'd put it in today but it is already 96 degrees at 12 noon. It can wait :-)

Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:53 PM
John is this what you wanted? The V6 2.8 I got parts from has the round filter.SO no wing nuts on it,clips.So I scoped around to something like what you wanted and found the above on a 2.0 liter these are wing nuts hope these are it,cause all the 2.8 or 3.1 I saw in later models like 90s were like this NO clips.Sorry for the blurrrry pic took it quick and man I am tired worked hard today,junkyard trip then a full detail job on my sister in laws 98 accord,it only took 4 hours to do(omg) I was sweaty.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:01 PM
Here are the left door first and lower panel where the door seal meets(a little rust) but can be cleaned up it is not horrid,Next two pics rhs good shape,very little rust under at seam.Both doors seem solid,I can remove these doors I swear in probably 20 min lhs I wacked the pins(fender is gone) so easy it will come right out.Lhs I will pull that fender to do the same.I used a 1/4 inch 6 inch extension to pop the pin loose not out.If your liking these I can get them.They say 40 bux for doors I assume windows,mirrors and trim (uph) on them should be the price.I was drenched in sweat wearing 2 tshirts by the time I left.Woo

Friday, July 22, 2011 2:59 PM
Was that $40 each door or $40 for both combined (wow!). Now I really hope my check comes in a hurry!

I'll have to get in touch with my uncle as well.
Friday, July 22, 2011 9:25 PM
Should be 40.00 for each door.I will assume bc I did not ask if having the glass,and upholestry intact and mirror adds.I seriously doubt any of these items add to the 40 cost.The list that price and plainly says doors(so I would be pretty sure u get it ALL for that cost).I wish it was like u said 40 for 2 doors that would be a steal.There pretty straight forward on prices for body items and list prices for all major items.

Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:05 AM
damn those door seams look pretty good. Another huge score.

The black wingy screw things are it Ron- Perfect. Apologies for using the wrong words to describe them but those are it!
Thanks for working so hard in the yards in all this heat for us - your the best man! Let me know what I can send you via paypal for your troubles.

Saturday, July 23, 2011 5:45 PM
Well I am all for those doors even at $80 for the pair, but I have to wait until I get my check from the freelance job (don't know when that's coming).

In the meantime, I'll get in touch with my uncle to make sure he's on board. If he isn't I'll just have to drive down myself.

As for the pricing at the yard, I'm sure being a place with a price list like that, they mean $40 for everything. That's the way it is around here, but they also list things like mirrors and glass for those that just come and get only the mirror or the glass.

Harry's in Hazelton, PA has weekly specials, and about once a month they mark doors down from $50 to $33, so definitely the price seems to be the going rate.
Saturday, July 23, 2011 10:49 PM
Well John I will just mail them to you for UH FREE.I got 4 total and will send ALL four to you.There so light the postage won't be tiddly twinks.I already have a packing envelope for them.And have ur address so solid there too.I did not pay for these I put them in my tool box with my tools(umm got one over on them) they would not have charged me much anyhow.Wayne I will go either monday or tuesday and get the doors.No problem I have a building or my garage(700 sq ft) I think they will fit in for the time being.And the rust on the driver side is surface stuff not too stupid,to clean up and just glaze it and sand smooth.The pass side was pretty nice and better.

Sunday, July 24, 2011 5:50 PM
Well John I will just mail them to you for UH FREE.I got 4 total and will send ALL four to you.There so light the postage won't be tiddly twinks.I already have a packing envelope for them.And have ur address so solid there too.I did not pay for these I put them in my tool box with my tools(umm got one over on them) they would not have charged me much anyhow

Very cool. Thanks so much Ron- you are coming in strong with both little andf big stuff- way to go!

Sunday, July 24, 2011 10:23 PM
I'll pack them tomorrw John and mail out,I may compare regular mail over fedex bc it is so cheap.Either way they will be gone from me monday.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search