Went to the U-pull it and wow found some cool stuff. - Page 5 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Went to the U-pull it and wow found some cool stuff.
Thursday, January 05, 2012 4:07 PM

Wow good stuff!! Ron,

Friday, January 06, 2012 6:59 PM
Nice - this thread just gets better and better

Sunday, January 08, 2012 4:21 PM
So Ron, I need to get my car back together...

How much do you want for the two plastic pieces that look like my metal ones? I am thinking GM made some adjustments over time in places where they overbult. Maybe this was one.

You can PM me if you want - looking for shipping to MI 48035.

Sunday, January 08, 2012 8:49 PM
Your call on shipping fedex or USPS?I can check with fedex but my receipts are kinda screwy on the last item I sent you and cost was like 11.26 or 11.83 not sure the tickets did not show ur label.I will let you decide on shipg and usps will be under 5.00 just bc it is SO light weight.Pick and will get them ready to pack in a envelope to ship 2 brackets complete all parts metal,plastic pieces 2 and hardware.Ok

Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:25 PM
Ok HERE is my extra 2.0 engine I got for 117.00 I do have the intake already as you guys know and got the throttle body too! I found a exact valve cover and swapped to this engine bc mine is wayy off the charts on style has the ridges raised instead of the cheap boring roundy cover.This is specific to the later 85s I guess.Found some extras too like another shifter boot,knob,release plastic knob for the pull nylon tab going to the shifter itself.And some other odds and ends.I was junking for several hours and got the engine out in about 1.5 removing some things and the engine did not have the alter,or starter but,I would go new anyway and left the AC would go new for it.I have the ps bracket and ac brackets.Now the important part NO cuts or bruises from doing so coveralls and gloves to stay umm clean!I smelll like junkyard tho.

Friday, January 20, 2012 4:57 AM
At least it has a 4 - 1 header instead of the lame T header.

Friday, January 20, 2012 5:23 PM
LOL...you are getting her stripped really good there Ron!! Maybe you should have just bought the whole car and brought it home and stripped her there in your spare time!! I can only imaging the look you'd gotten when you'd came home with it!!

Friday, January 20, 2012 9:20 PM
The funny part was seeing the lady inside the building who checks you out.I explained I was buying the engine and had it in a wheel barrel and she was OH.It was pretty light like that and yeah used there hoist to lay it gently down and not to heavy to move.Now the real challenge was getting it out of my pickup bed.I used my transmission jack BIG to lower down to floor and wife actually helped slide wood under the oil pan while I steadied it and braced with cement blocks.I think most have the engines picked up with the fork lifts and brought down,but this little four banger was pretty easy.It is heavy as crap to move tho.Real steel block

Saturday, January 21, 2012 6:50 AM
You said it Ron!!

Cast Iron Block....Cast Iron Head.....& good ole fashioned pushrods! Ahhhhh the good ole days :-) Kinda make ya wonder if the old timers shed a tear at the end of the flathead days.
Sounds like you got yer'self a good woman there!! Might just get your wife into this yet!! I remember many years ago, after bringing so many parts cars home, my first wife actually started coming out and helping strip it down!! She got pretty mean on the interior, man! I'd be under the hood and next thing I knew , she'd have the entire dash tore out!
Keep up the pullin'!! :-)

Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:25 AM
Yup they are pretty light. I dragged this one accross my lawn on this moving dolly so I could wash it own with degreaser. I was just worried about crushing the pan gasket.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:09 PM
Here is the door tag OFF the 1984 cav vert freakin forgot to post this on the other page whatever.BUT as I was leaving the pull a part I saw a 1986 buick skyhawk sedan ready to placed on the yard probably thurs(da!@ freakin err) and not sure on specs bc they literally JUST got done prepping it for placing it out.It is white and has the front air piece below the bumper not SURE if it will work on the sunbird but know 1 peeps looking for said item and could be got monday when I hope to return for two or three easier items.The door tag is from john massons donor vert doors I just picked up today!! These doors are super solid.They did crush one 87 z tho (ouch) I was hoping to get the bump cover for orlen but,umm the car is gone? yep gone.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 6:30 PM
Ron really hoping your thinking of me as the peep.I definitely want it .Let me know Would greatly appreciate it.
Keith

[IMG]
Thursday, January 26, 2012 7:32 PM
Yep I was not recalling the name.But I know u are hunting for said part.Like I said I am not sure if the buicks and pontiacs air baffel is the same? If so let me know.Maybe paul knows if you do not.Pass along the info so I know if they are swapable.I want to say bc the fronts are similar they might be.

Friday, February 24, 2012 12:14 AM
Ok here are my goodies from thursdays pull a part first pic is chrome headlight bezels for orlen,second is a pic of all the parts I got.Last is a close of of the dash cluster. Now listing the items picked are the chrome strips that run below the doors front to rear,all four wheel well strips,cleaned up already,and a full intact hood release cable and a good rhs door arm rest to solid to pass up,a STUPID nice rhs window sweep some cracks but all intact,and the entire engine,slash light harness for the 2.0 eng like mine and I got it totally intact out of that 85 type 10 got ALL of the harness from drver side to the ecm side and nothing broken has some starter wires cut(don't know why) but what ever and took me like a hour almost to do it right.Got all this stuff for 86.00 and super happy .btw orlen I cleaned those bezels and the grill was not too great the chrome was toast!!! Tired and photobucket is irritating tonight.

Friday, February 24, 2012 4:12 AM
Those chrome headlight bezels are the BOMB!! Thanks Ron!! :-)

Friday, February 24, 2012 2:26 PM
Nice stuff there Ron!

What year is the dash?

Hey look it came with 3/8ths of a tank of gas.

Ran the VIN number on the donor doors.

Friday, February 24, 2012 8:29 PM
Now that is cool stuff vin check! Too bad that old vert was so disrespected.At least I have safely secured to big azz parts off it for proper reinstall on a solid ride.I so need to win the lottery so I can open a big shop to store old js for parts or restore purposes.That would be stupid nice and would seriously do it.I think my shop would be called Ronsjbodyshop with a .com name of course!And window sweeps would be surprisingly be reproduced all models.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:02 PM
Ok went junk looking today.Found 2 front strut tower bars! These are both off a 1991 cavs and double checked for fit on a 83 and a 89.So I def know the 82-91 ALL use this bar bc in 1992 gm changed the towers mounting bolts explaining the LONGER tower braces which I have 3 of will not come even close to fit bc of the strut bolts in the tower are spread further apart.Now I got another tbi off a 86 skyhawk for extra parts and the identical valve cover with the raised grooves and oil cap in tack.Got some other odds and ends too.They have since crushed the 84 vert,85 type ten,and 87 z cav.Idk what they have yet to process did not look(duh).Good fun and going to check my local yard next wk for anything new.The stuff above came from the clean pull a part which I have found alot more stuff.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:09 PM
Looks like good stuff. Too bad 3 more 1st gens are gone forever.

Friday, March 30, 2012 4:32 PM
Hey Ron,
If no one else has called dibs on those strut braces, I'd be interested in purchasing one.
If you have Paypal, I can pay you that way.

~ Mike ~

Friday, March 30, 2012 9:39 PM
Ok can hold one for you michael.I am def keeping one for good old sunny this go round.I sold my orig to spike j and figured I could scrounge up some more and whalaa I did.I do use paypal as well.

Friday, March 30, 2012 10:16 PM
Hey,

Keep us informed on how this improves the handling/ride of our j's.

Saturday, March 31, 2012 6:52 AM
John-

I added one to my car and it feels much more solid going into hard corners now. It required some movement of things under the hood, but was well worth it.

Saturday, March 31, 2012 11:24 AM
Ron Love wrote:Ok can hold one for you michael.I am def keeping one for good old sunny this go round.I sold my orig to spike j and figured I could scrounge up some more and whalaa I did.I do use paypal as well.

Cool!
Figure what you want for it with packaging and shipping to Pittsburgh 15209, & message me your Paypal ID & I'll get you the $ asap !
Thanks, Ron.

~ Mike ~

Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:48 PM
Ok michael will do just winding down after a long day.So I will get the numbers together later and check on ship cost and pm you here.Dang I am freaking tired after today.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search