Found another parts car. 1983 cavalier sedan. - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Found another parts car. 1983 cavalier sedan.
Saturday, March 28, 2015 7:34 PM
Alright it seems the last 3 first gen Cavaliers I have bought the owner just put new tires on them and I bought them under 300 each. Anyways once again I found this one in someone's yard and asked about it and bought it. I paid 250 for this one and it runs GREAT! 120,000 miles on it. This one comes with the 2.0 fuel injected engine 3 speed auto and I was wondering if it is a direct swap to my 84 cavalier same specs. Looks the same.
Attachments
image.jpg (794k)

Re: Found another parts car. 1983 cavalier sedan.
Sunday, March 29, 2015 7:50 AM
Oh you Dog , Matthew - you landed a running 2 bucket sedan!! {Envy} Hahaa!! SUPER Score!!

I believe you have a perfect swap there. GM traditional practice is when the body is changed the drive train is not monkeyed with.

See these cars ARE just like Lays Potato Chips.

Mentioning tires.......I hit the road yesterday myself and cruised down to Pick-n-Save in Roanoke. Walked the whole yard from end to end and scored 8 tires - 1 set of 13"s(175/70/13) and a set of 14"s(185/65/14). Not exactly the sizes I wanted but will do great till I find the ones that I want though! Only 3 of the 13s were matched and 2 of the 14s but all 8 have great tread and all of them are free of dry rot. All 8 of them were still on steel wheels pumped up so I know they are good. They were having a half price sale and I picked up all 8 for just $103! A year ago I paid $64 for just one tire on EBay! This time of year is great to get some good pickings since a lot of guys stay home till it is warm out - then you are hard pressed to find any good tires at all. Also if you are looking for those very hard to find 13"s check around the foreign makes in the yards - there are better chances of finding an older model with tiny tires on them.

Sunday, March 29, 2015 3:07 PM
I always wondered what you Cav guys thought of the original two-headlamp look of the early the Cavs. Love 'em? Hate 'em? I was always stunned that GM basically took the front of the most expensive J - the Cimarron - and put it on the most affordable J - the Cav.
Sunday, March 29, 2015 10:13 PM
Personally I more on the dual headlights but,the singles are ok as this was the beginnings of what most of us have or prefer.This is specifically talking the cavalier.

Monday, March 30, 2015 2:51 PM
GREAT SCORE!

Are you going to strip it down to shell or keep it as is?
If you do strip it you have got to save the two light header panel.
I think the 83-84 engines are a direct swap including the exhaust manifolds.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search