just some updated pics. - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
just some updated pics.
Tuesday, April 07, 2015 7:50 AM
some pics from this year and last year... moving the J's around the yard...

Last Summer,

pulled the 82 J2000 out for some cleaning, didn't get to the motor swap yet but still working on it..

so far this year, the ciamrron started up like it was running yesterday... it does this every time... picked up an 05 sunfire back in the fall for $300, been working on that a little...

not planning to do a lot to the fire, just throwing parts on it that I have, getting it to a point where it'll be a nice daily driver. have some time... other then working on these unemployment sucks...

anyways, just some pics to show some first gens are still in good shape up here in southern Ont.

Re: just some updated pics.
Tuesday, April 07, 2015 1:22 PM
Gee - I should get a Cimarron someday. Do you have more pics of it? Also - was that left rear wheel on the Sunbird a factory wheel for Pontiac? Seems like I've also seen it on later-model Skyhawks.
Tuesday, April 07, 2015 3:24 PM
the J2000 in the first pic had stock 83 Cimarron rims on it. I have all 4, 2 of them I'm taken and painted them black with a polished face. only got two done then took the car off the road as the electrical on it went caput. as far as other pics goes, there are a pile of old pics on cardomain of my 82 Cimmer, nothing up to date though... heres the link none the less

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2382335/1982-cadillac-cimarron/
Tuesday, April 07, 2015 3:35 PM

see if this works, you can see the before picture of the 83 Cimarron rims. the 82 J2000 had a factory steel rims with a plastic pontiac center cap,

old pic of when I first picked up the car... haven't done too much to her other then put 2000 kms on it...

crappy pic but here is an example of the rims i took off my 83 Cimarron.

Tuesday, April 07, 2015 6:39 PM
Cool. Thanks!
Tuesday, April 07, 2015 7:20 PM
Glad to see the northern j-bodies waking up after the long winter.

Tuesday, April 07, 2015 9:17 PM
Nice share and my next question is do you cover up the J2000 as I saw no snow on it.I am lucky as I keep my cav indoors year round in my garage.But the sour note is my beloved 1987 mazda sits outside with a waterproof cover but,the underside takes a hit from the moisture.I am getting to a point that I am strongly considering buying a building to put behind my house just for my truck.On a side note I went to just scout a local junky hole today and no 1st gens to be found,but I am checking and once I have some more spare time going to scout a true junkyard about 1hr 45 from me to find some well hard to find items in the summer months probably.Like the pics

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 8:26 AM
thanks guys, unfortunately no, I have like four covers, none of which fit the Cimarron or the J2000, the Cimarron was however in the driveway this year but by the sounds of things Im loosing all my driveway spots for my parents trailer. (yes they stay at my rents place) my driveway is covered over by pine trees, like 10' from the corner and 2 cars deep.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4530/1701/23823350024_original.jpg?v=0

one year the plow blade missed my car by a foot and piled all the snow on top of it... always nice of them.. so i keep them at my rents. I can also only have 1 unplated vehicle at my place... in a small old "proper" looking drug infested village... lol

yup, been saying it for years... I too need a garage, but I'm working on getting myself a bay to use so that is somewhat cheering me up...
Wednesday, April 08, 2015 8:27 AM
oops... at least its a link... save you the trip...

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 7:01 PM
Sweet Photos!!

Nice little J-Body fleet you have Aaron ! I keep telling folks these are like Lays potato chips....Hahaa!!

Those Caddy wheels are extremely rare there, just like your 1st year Pontiac. Does the Pontiac have the OHV or the OHC engine in it? In '82 the OHC engine came with a carburetor while the OHC engines were supposedly came fuel injection. I had an '82 or "83 J-2000 back in 1991. From my by now vague memory I do recall it had the OHC engine in it but I swear it had a carburetor because I remember the feedback solenoid clicking on it right after you shut the engine off and immediately turning the ignition back on to the run position.. That's been a long time ago though. Perhaps when you get a chance you can pop the hood and take a few photos of under there to share!

Ron, you can try laying a tarp on the ground and parking your Mazda on top of that. I used bolts and washers through the eyelets to hold the tarp in place and man has it worked wonders!! I checked under the Pontiac the other day and even the exhaust hasn't rusted any during the winter. Also I layed a few buckets of gravel down where the tires sit to minimize the tires sinking.

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 8:48 PM
Cool Aaron but,I would shop ebay for a waterproof cover or even check out budge the actual site and the prices are not off the charts.Orlen my mazda is parked directly in front of my garage with several inches of fresh new gravel and it does stay dry underneath.I believe it is just the moisture from the area causing surface rust underneath.I may just step up and use some plywood (treated) and big enough to park my truck on in addition to the cover.The gravel under my truck still has that granite dust being it is new since nov and does not see wet as it is bone dry.I may consider a full tent style cover with piping that covers the ground and seals out everything and still use my cover.However if I win the lottery a new shop will soon appear out behind my house with a concrete floor.Wishing yep but,it is a lottery.Btw I am playing the powerball twice a week so my $4.00 investment (2) plays will be a big payout.

Thursday, April 09, 2015 6:24 AM
my 82 Cimarron and 82 J2000 both have the 1.8L in them. both carb's, my 83 Cimarron had a 2.0 throttle body. but all look close to this, the J2000 is minus the cruise control and the Cimarrons have that good ol California emissions stuff on the exhaust that make doing spark plugs so much fun...

funny you mention fleet... yes, there are a few...

lol... yup... fleet....

Ron, I've tried the "garage tents" in a wind storm the corner of the tent lifted, pole and all. ripped the large screw anchors out of the ground and dragged the base of the pole across the hood, wind shield, and roof of the Cimarron leaving scratches everywhere. maybe you'll have better luck with the vehicle itself holding it down.

Orlen, I'll try and get some pics, the J2000 is out of the game at the moment as the ignition coil is caput... I already changed the gear shift switch, (on top of the steering column) all the fuseable links. the ignition coil on this, I've been working on pulling the one off my 83 Cimarron motor. figured it would be easier as it is out of the car. but i need to pull the intake manifold out to try and get it out. as it is mounted to the bottom of the intake and due to the transmission it can't be pulled without taking of the intake... so much fun...
Thursday, April 09, 2015 6:52 AM
ha ha, and now he finds the fleet post, what ever, rummaging has made me stumble across this,

its under the hood of the 83 Cimarron when I had it.

Thursday, April 09, 2015 8:35 AM
ok, here is the 1982 Pontiac J2000 Engine Bay

Here is the 1982 Cadillac Cimarron Engine Bay

and the location of the previously mentioned ignition coil, note, picture is of the 2.0L out of the 83 Cimarron and taken roughly where the brake booster is.

Thursday, April 09, 2015 4:48 PM
Aaron - how close are you to Detroit?

Thursday, April 09, 2015 6:13 PM
about 3 hours away,
Thursday, April 09, 2015 6:20 PM
according to Google maps it takes 3 hours to drive from Detroit to Rockton, I can agree with that as I've made that trip numerous times.

WHY? lol bash?
Tuesday, April 14, 2015 12:11 PM
well two "j"s is a start lol

Sunday, July 12, 2015 3:11 PM

Two cars you say... Well if nothing else we'll get some good pics

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search