1st car show - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1st car show
Saturday, May 16, 2015 10:41 PM
Took my 87 RS Vert to its 1st mini car show/cruise-in on Sat. at a local church along with my SC'd X-11.
Got a lot of looks and a few inquiries! (took the pic just before leaving when about half the cars were left)

Then when I got back home I tried on the Interior Cover I got from a fellow J-club member: Thanks Terry!

Fit nice and will work great at keeping stuff out and off the interior during the day so as not to have to put the top up and down.

87 RS Convertible - 2.8V6 - 3-Speed Auto, Digital Dash - Complete LED / HID Conversion - Alarm/Keyless Entry

Re: 1st car show
Sunday, May 17, 2015 4:01 AM
Both are very Nice
I like that interior cover. Sunbrella?

The X-11 is pretty cool, and rare too.
Sunday, May 17, 2015 1:46 PM
Covercraft Weathershield HP Convertible Interior Cover

87 RS Convertible - 2.8V6 - 3-Speed Auto, Digital Dash - Complete LED / HID Conversion - Alarm/Keyless Entry
Sunday, May 17, 2015 1:59 PM
Yeah, the SC'd X-11 is a sweeeeet ride!!!!

Here's a shot of the engine - 98 Series II 3800 Supercharged from my wrecked Bonneville SSEi complete with 4T65E-HD tranny, COMPLETE wiring harness from the bonnie and fully functioning digital dash from 86 Pontiac 6000 STE . Auto everything...lights, rearview mirror, A/C, rear level control, along with power windows, locks, mirrors, seats, hatch release, etc ... and soon to have full ABS with Traction Control.

Engine shot:

digital dash all lit up:

Got a nice burnout video ... somewhere... cant find it right now.

Monday, May 18, 2015 7:03 AM
Amazing results Terry!

And these 2 compliment each other so nicely!

The 3800 SC's get a bit of a bashing compared to more modern engines these days, but I still get a kick everytime I see one transplanted somwhere!!

Given your talents I can't help but wonder what will wind up under the hood of the Cavalier sometime in the future?

Monday, May 18, 2015 7:21 AM
Wow, I absolutely LOVE that Citation. My wife had an '80 X11 with a 2.8 engine in it. Wasn't a bad car at all.
The newer x11s were pretty nice cars !
The supercharged 3800 must really make that car fly!
I know a guy who put a 3.4 GM engine in an X11 with a Getrag 5 speed tranny. Runs 13s in the quarter mile and makes around 180HP at the wheels ! Love to know the HP numbers your car makes!

~ Mike ~

Monday, May 18, 2015 6:26 PM
From the factory the SC Series II makes 240 HP and about 280 TQ - I think .... certain on the HP though!

It has a smaller pulley installed by the previous Bonneville owner before I bought it.... so I'm figuring in the neighborhood of 260-270 HP !!!

In my burnout video it changes into 2nd gear almost immediately... so speedo is on about 75-80 and I haven't gone but 30 - 40 ft. ?!?!

Now that was on my old set of tires... still had some tread left but not a lot ...bought a new set last Nov before Turkey Run, so may not spin that much again...

Thanks for all the comments!!!

I will find that video!!! ....its here somewhere.

Terry

Monday, May 18, 2015 6:48 PM
I have been debating very hard with what I might do - IF ANYTHING!!!
I like the fact that's its 95% original.... but not liking the T125C tranny too much - 3500RPMs at 75 MPH ... way too much for my liking!!! especially since I plan on taking it to Turkey Run this year... 10 hrs at 3500-4000 RPMs all the way down I-95 ....

I still have the 440-T4 that I got from an 86 Celebrity Eurosport that I put in the X-11 years ago... but it now needs to be rebuilt ... plus I would need mounts, brackets, axles, shifter and cable from a later J-body to make it all work. then possibly upgrade the crank and rods for the 3.1 MPFI for a few more HP, but keeping it all look original stock.

I am going to put an Alarm (with possible Remote Start) System on it here in a few weeks... but will need to take off door panels and lube up the linkage for the locks... I have to hit the button 2-3 times to make them completely lock or unlock. can still get new motors on ebay for that.

and I will upgrade the stereo system to the full push button hi-end radio that I had in the X-11 along with all the high powered co-axial speakers from the X-11 that came out of the Pontiac 6000 STE. (the entire stereo system in the X now has the complete Bose system/cd player/amp from the wrecked Bonnie).

comments welcome!

Terry

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 7:01 AM
Terry Lewis wrote:I have been debating very hard with what I might do - IF ANYTHING!!!
I like the fact that's its 95% original.... but not liking the T125C tranny too much - 3500RPMs at 75 MPH ... way too much for my liking!!! especially since I plan on taking it to Turkey Run this year... 10 hrs at 3500-4000 RPMs all the way down I-95 ....

I still have the 440-T4 that I got from an 86 Celebrity Eurosport that I put in the X-11 years ago... but it now needs to be rebuilt ... plus I would need mounts, brackets, axles, shifter and cable from a later J-body to make it all work. then possibly upgrade the crank and rods for the 3.1 MPFI for a few more HP, but keeping it all look original stock.
Terry

Took me a while to find it but here's what one fellow Jbody member did to his th125 TH125 Transmission modification

Awesome job on the X-11, great looking car. That is one heck of a sleeper

Saturday, May 23, 2015 7:03 PM
wow - that x-11 is awesome...

Sunday, May 24, 2015 11:49 AM
Found the Video!! LOL

http://vid181.photobucket.com/albums/x76/dangrus4060/My%20X%20Cars/BurnOut%20at%20Office.mp4

you may have to turn your volume down at first...it played way too loud in the preview.

got more spin on the pass side wheel than the drivers... not the best pavement...but you can hear it shift from 1st to 2nd about 30 feet in...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search