Cimarron For Sale - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cimarron For Sale
Wednesday, June 17, 2015 8:02 AM
That must be real gold. $12,000, 30,000 miles Cimarron for sale.

1988 Cadillac Cimarron

Re: Cimarron For Sale
Wednesday, June 17, 2015 11:22 AM
One observation worthy of note:

This is the first time I've ever seen the passenger side power seat base. Extremely rare.

Perhaps Ron has seen one on something else in his travels, though.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 11:25 AM
A convertible Cimmaron! I really don't like those carriage roof things. I wonder how much it would cost to remove and repaint...
Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:32 PM
Landau tops are weird. Mine has the power passenger seat too. Thinking about offering this guy 1/10th his asking price but I don't want to be the one that has to break it to him that his car is not worth anything near what he's asking.

1988 Cadillac Cimarron
Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9:01 PM
Orlen to 1st answer that ? No I have not noticed or saw a pass side electric seat.I however have seen lots of stupid stuff and or weird options.Bob even though the car for sale is cherry to the letter and probably 1 owner ummm.I say the car is has a Real market value of $3500.00 on the high side.Now if it were Z24 or convertible with the same condition and 1 owner I would say $4000.00-$4500.00 at best.It really would depend on the options,miles,and (imo) if a manual (VERY) nice and my choice adds more to the overall picture.1 example is the last super stupid cherry hatchback or notch I really forgot with 34k,1 owner went for $4700.00 like two years ago and worth every cent.This car was off the charts grandma used and I seriously would have bought it,however with new car payments that was not happening.In short even the most pristine J bodys will not go north of the 5k mark unless some really unique situation like a original GM demo, kept stored with like 100 miles,turbo,vert and 1 off wheels(aluminum and shot for brochures or car shows and or something loco.You get what I mean.

Monday, June 29, 2015 12:10 PM
The price has been cut by $4,500. In my opinion it needs to come down a bit more to be taken seriously though.

New ad here.

1988 Cadillac Cimarron
Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:03 AM
Very nice car ! He'll never get that kind of scratch for it.
Other than the Catera, it's probably the worst Caddy ever built.
#2 on the ten worst GM cars built list
No offense meant to the Cimmaron owners here (We all understand that the car is really a Cavalier...)
My guess is that this person will end up getting around $4500 at best.

~ Mike ~

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 8:36 AM
Yup, definitely the best Cavalier I've ever driven.

1988 Cadillac Cimarron
Tuesday, June 30, 2015 2:03 PM
I paid $2800 for mine from a collector. Has all kinds of fancy paperwork for it from GM... I can't justify going higher then that.
Wednesday, September 09, 2015 7:08 AM
Thursday, September 10, 2015 12:12 PM
PRETTY!!!! I've always loved that Glacier Blue/Silver two-tone paint job. These are still out there folks! I brought mine to a dealer just this morning for some new tires and the shuttle driver said he knew of at least two others owned by old dudes withing just a couple miles of the dealership.

Bob

1988 Cadillac Cimarron

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search