feeler post for vert parts. - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
feeler post for vert parts.
Wednesday, June 24, 2015 6:18 PM
I have a build I've been wanting to do for some time now and with 3 first gen verts on the market and being reasonably close I was wondering if anyone would be interested in the Convertable top, mechanics and all. I'll have no use for them even if they are in good shape.

Re: feeler post for vert parts.
Thursday, June 25, 2015 5:11 PM

Got this sent to me today. Seems I'll be adding a Z24/RS dash & cluster to my for sale list. Dunno what the odometer says or if it's a digital dash. Doesnt look like too bad of a deal. Hope it looks as good in person.
Saturday, June 27, 2015 6:51 PM
Always looking for vert parts. Let me know when you get it. Maybe interested in the convertible top trim that frames the body where the top meets.

Sunday, June 28, 2015 4:07 AM
** Insert lame facebook thumbs up here**

OK no problem.
Tuesday, June 30, 2015 2:16 PM

So here she is, the newest addition to my collection of first gens... 87, 2.8l despite what the passenger fender would have you believe. Runs and drives, has a parade boot, has a nasty original paint (colour) under current colour. Look forward to working on it... ok... the bad. So far has a tire that won't hold air and a seized hood release...

Got her for $450.
Tuesday, June 30, 2015 9:20 PM
Want to see some good close up's and even for the price the two pics it looks like it has some potential.Tired long day and short.

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 6:22 AM
Quote:

...and a seized hood release...

Seems to be a common issue with GM's of this era. I usually have my wife hold the release open while I give the hood a little push and pull which usually releases the hood.

Thursday, July 02, 2015 5:30 PM
It has a little bit of cancer showing up on the passenger side rear fender, has a rip in the lower air dam on drivers side. Has a 3.1 multiport emblem on the passenger fender. Pass window doesn't do up all the way, door pins/bushings need replacement. Back window has a puncture and the top has 2 1" cuts above passenger rear window. That's the appearance. Mechanical. Ad said it needed a new engine and didn't run. Boosted it and drove it onto the trailer. So mechanical is still unknown as haven't really touched it since I unhooked the trailer. Have tried the top but it seems a little stiff. Has the 2.8 that looks just like the 3.1, has a/c, parade boot, 13" aluminum rims w/ winter tires.
Friday, July 03, 2015 5:29 AM

so there are some up close shots...
Friday, July 03, 2015 8:07 PM
Well it appears to been sitting a touch for sure.Doe's the fuel smell stale?And a simple check on how the engine may be aside from compression test is remove the valve cover and see what is hiding or not.Even with the blemishes and needs that may never end to revive it overall pretty decent.

Saturday, July 04, 2015 3:49 AM
Has been sitting since Feb. When I drove it, I drove it on fumes. Got the doc going to pop the hood later today... see what he's got to say.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search