Cool Wagon on CL - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cool Wagon on CL
Saturday, August 22, 2015 7:20 AM

Not 1st gen but only$900 with the wheels

Not bad looking car located in CT.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5183378988.html

Ad reads:

For sale, 1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Wagon. $950 OBO. Great deal. The tire/wheel package alone on this retailed for $800 when installed in January.

It runs/drives. Low mileage. Automatic transmission, heat, AC (may need work), manual locks and windows.

The good;
- Minimal rust, scratches and dents on the body, esp considering the age

- 79,952 miles --> Brand new 15" alloy wheels and tires on it in late January when the car was at 78, 971. The list price for the wheel/tire package was around $800.00. NOTE: due to the tire size change (13" to 15") the odometer may be a little off.

- Garaged for most winters. Well maintained for many years.

- Good gas mileage (about 22 city, 30 highway).

The bad;

- The front seat belt is stuck buckled.
- The muffler fell off.
- Could use some general TLC--it has been parked for a few months now.

Never registered in Connecticut. May not need emissions due to age though. Clean title in hand. Note--car is located in Hamden. Selling it AS IS. $950 OBO, please be reasonable. MUST GO. Email me if interested.

do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 5183378988

posted: a day ago

updated: about 24 hours ago

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union), cashier checks, money orders, shipping.

Re: Cool Wagon on CL
Saturday, August 22, 2015 8:23 AM
It was originally posted almost two months ago, with an asking price of $1500. and a different story. Back then it was his grandfathers car, who hardly ever drove it.
Sunday, August 23, 2015 8:23 AM
I saw this ad for a 2nd gen convertible. $5k seems a bit much for a 200k mile car, even though it's "One of a kind". (Corvette fanboy here so I like the yellow.)

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/5141940416.html
Monday, August 24, 2015 4:30 AM
I just noticed that wagon the other day, since it's within striking distance, but the stable's already full Looks pretty decent though and low miles.

• 86 Skyhawk wagon : 2.0SOHC swap, Megasquirt, 20SEH cam
• 93 Sunbird sedan : 2.0SOHC, Microsquirt, ported head, 10:1
• 88 Sunbird coupe : 2.0SOHC, turbo project car, giant tires
Monday, August 24, 2015 7:14 AM
Yep, Drivesa5 - my cup , too, is over full - runneth over and just making a big ole mess. But the old man is staying outta trouble and still being a kid.

Sweet old wagon though! Sure hope someone that can appreciate this finds the funds to make the plunge!

Minivans & SUVs killed the simple little wagons - there just wasn't enough of a market to keep all styles on the assembly lines. The little wagons are still great haulers - amazing what one can move around with them!

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 11:55 PM
Orlen Brown wrote:Yep, Drivesa5 - my cup , too, is over full - runneth over and just making a big ole mess. But the old man is staying outta trouble and still being a kid.

Sweet old wagon though! Sure hope someone that can appreciate this finds the funds to make the plunge!

Minivans & SUVs killed the simple little wagons - there just wasn't enough of a market to keep all styles on the assembly lines. The little wagons are still great haulers - amazing what one can move around with them!

Very true!

http://www.autorentalandsales.com/images/2004Cavalier005.JPG
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search