Cool Wagon on CL - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cool Wagon on CL
Saturday, August 22, 2015 7:20 AM

Not 1st gen but only$900 with the wheels

Not bad looking car located in CT.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5183378988.html

Ad reads:

For sale, 1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Wagon. $950 OBO. Great deal. The tire/wheel package alone on this retailed for $800 when installed in January.

It runs/drives. Low mileage. Automatic transmission, heat, AC (may need work), manual locks and windows.

The good;
- Minimal rust, scratches and dents on the body, esp considering the age

- 79,952 miles --> Brand new 15" alloy wheels and tires on it in late January when the car was at 78, 971. The list price for the wheel/tire package was around $800.00. NOTE: due to the tire size change (13" to 15") the odometer may be a little off.

- Garaged for most winters. Well maintained for many years.

- Good gas mileage (about 22 city, 30 highway).

The bad;

- The front seat belt is stuck buckled.
- The muffler fell off.
- Could use some general TLC--it has been parked for a few months now.

Never registered in Connecticut. May not need emissions due to age though. Clean title in hand. Note--car is located in Hamden. Selling it AS IS. $950 OBO, please be reasonable. MUST GO. Email me if interested.

do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 5183378988

posted: a day ago

updated: about 24 hours ago

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union), cashier checks, money orders, shipping.

Re: Cool Wagon on CL
Saturday, August 22, 2015 8:23 AM
It was originally posted almost two months ago, with an asking price of $1500. and a different story. Back then it was his grandfathers car, who hardly ever drove it.
Sunday, August 23, 2015 8:23 AM
I saw this ad for a 2nd gen convertible. $5k seems a bit much for a 200k mile car, even though it's "One of a kind". (Corvette fanboy here so I like the yellow.)

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/5141940416.html
Monday, August 24, 2015 4:30 AM
I just noticed that wagon the other day, since it's within striking distance, but the stable's already full Looks pretty decent though and low miles.

86 Skyhawk wagon 1.8SOHC 93 Sunbird two door 2.0SOHC 93 Sunbird four door 2.0SOHC
Monday, August 24, 2015 7:14 AM
Yep, Drivesa5 - my cup , too, is over full - runneth over and just making a big ole mess. But the old man is staying outta trouble and still being a kid.

Sweet old wagon though! Sure hope someone that can appreciate this finds the funds to make the plunge!

Minivans & SUVs killed the simple little wagons - there just wasn't enough of a market to keep all styles on the assembly lines. The little wagons are still great haulers - amazing what one can move around with them!

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 11:55 PM
Orlen Brown wrote:

Yep, Drivesa5 - my cup , too, is over full - runneth over and just making a big ole mess. But the old man is staying outta trouble and still being a kid.

Sweet old wagon though! Sure hope someone that can appreciate this finds the funds to make the plunge!

Minivans & SUVs killed the simple little wagons - there just wasn't enough of a market to keep all styles on the assembly lines. The little wagons are still great haulers - amazing what one can move around with them!

Very true!

http://www.autorentalandsales.com/images/2004Cavalier005.JPG
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search