Buick’s Turbocharged Skyhawk: America’s Forgotten Hot-Hatch - Page 2 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Buick’s Turbocharged Skyhawk: America’s Forgotten Hot-Hatch
Thursday, September 24, 2015 6:34 PM
Does anyone have some good pics of the Turbo Buick? That was a very classy little car and I loved the bulged hood. I wonder why they didn't send any to ASC to be convertibles?

Friday, September 25, 2015 1:08 PM
Philip Andrews wrote:Does anyone have some good pics of the Turbo Buick? That was a very classy little car and I loved the bulged hood. I wonder why they didn't send any to ASC to be convertibles?

...aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnndddddddd once again it's economics.

Buick & Oldsmobile skewed older on demographic. Older buyers who want a convertible usually want something bigger or a true sports car, and those are the ones that can afford the true sports car.

Younger buyers in the 1980s who want a convertible are in the Pontiac and Chevy showrooms, and would never think of looking at the more expensive Buick or their "father's" Oldsmobile.
Saturday, September 26, 2015 8:48 AM
such a sweet car, pissed me off when the local scrap yard crushed one after it being in the yard for a week... not one part off it.
Sunday, September 27, 2015 4:39 AM
there is one for sale on e-bay right now. item #111780093357
Sunday, September 27, 2015 5:44 AM
Sunday, September 27, 2015 6:23 PM
Not a bad car for the $500 to $800 range with no title and not running if was close to home.

Monday, September 28, 2015 9:34 PM
I will just say no title makes me run far away.Unless you had alike car and switch the vin stuff to make it worthy or buy soley for parting it to save another.I say no more than 500 no title and just the things I saw in the pics of the issue's is clearly has a J known to us.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search