Front Brake Splash Shields - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Front Brake Splash Shields
Saturday, October 10, 2015 6:03 PM
You guys know where I can get a set of these? First gens are nowhere to be found up here now. Mine are both pretty rusty. This is a pic of the much better one from the passenger side.

Splash Shield

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Front Brake Splash Shields
Saturday, October 10, 2015 6:21 PM
if it helps - the part numbers are 14021075 and 14021076 for 82-84

85-87 are different numbers

Sunday, October 11, 2015 5:11 PM
Hi Paul, I cannot see the images even if I sign into facebook.

Would these parts be the same as a Cavalier? I have some body parts from my old parts car.

Sunday, October 11, 2015 5:20 PM
Oops didn't read the "brake" in the thread title.

I have some on the parts car I have and will have to check to see if they are not rusted out. Let me know if Cav shields are the same.

Give me some time as the car is stored about 30 miles from my house.

John

Sunday, October 11, 2015 9:50 PM
Paul I have been doing my diligence to research this.In short your yr model should not matter as most 1st gens probably use the same component as our car's are identical on the suspension aspect.The quick side is yes your part #s came up zero except for 1 and I need more time to research this.Long day and and just need to go to bed very soon.I will do a follow up when 1 not wiped out,and 2. still double checking.Ok

Monday, October 12, 2015 4:37 PM
John and Ron-

Thanks for the response. My part numbers come from the "crash sheets" I have for 82-87 2000/Sunbird.

Remember how I told you guys that I was living the dream of no repop lower control arms? I have a brand new one for an 87 that will not fit my car.

The 85-87 parts for brake splash shields are
R - 18015753
L - 14066987

82-84 is
R - 14021076
L - 14021075

My driver side one is wasted. I can probably salvage the passenger side as just the end is rusted off.

Monday, October 12, 2015 9:45 PM
Ok thanks for the part info.I am slightly tired but I have the Next 4 days off.Let me see what I can or cannot find.

Sunday, November 01, 2015 6:15 PM
Paul, I managed to grab these shields off the '84 Cavalier Wagon yesterday since I was already on a mission pulling the lower control arms as spares for the Sunbird - hard to tell when another pre-'85 J-Body might be available again. My acetone/transmission fluid concoction worked wonders making those 31 year old fasteners quite easy to unbolt.....even those dreaded sway bar bolts. Please let me know if these shields will correctly fit your Sunbird and I'll made arrangements to get them to you.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 2:41 PM
Wow Orlen. Those are so - intact! I will check and compare later tonight.

Thanks!

Thursday, November 12, 2015 11:39 AM
Looks like a match!

LMK what you want and I will send it your way Orlen.

THANKS!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search