Just wanted to share. - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Just wanted to share.
Friday, April 15, 2016 5:12 PM
Hi everyone! Former J body owner here. Just wanted to share an interesting story. My dad just moved into a new home and the previous tenant left a car behind... a 1985 Cadillac Cimarron. I was like a kid in a candy store when I saw this thing. It was actually in amazing shape! Leather seats were perfect. I don't know if it runs, there was no key, the driver door shut almost like new. I have no idea what the mileage was but it couldn't be too high. It has power windows, sunroof, full gauge cluster, etc. I was over the freaking moon. I think it belonged to some younger person as it had dirtbike tires in the back and some of the interior was decorated with autozone specials, lol. That's all, I just wanted to share!

Re: Just wanted to share.
Friday, April 15, 2016 6:33 PM
Sad to see some of these old J-body's being cast away. One of my former cars has been abandoned just like this one.

Tried to buy it back but no-one seems to know who owns it????

Friday, April 15, 2016 7:15 PM
Now that has to be frustrating.... Wish I could find the 87 z24 5 speed I had when I was a teenager and buy it back.
Saturday, April 16, 2016 12:29 PM
Photos! Plans?
Sunday, April 17, 2016 8:25 AM
Well if one has the space and patience sometimes you can acquire an abandoned vehicle title - if it is worth the effort. I too ran across , of all things, an abandoned 3rd gen Cavalier in a WalMart parking lot just across the West Virginia line in Lewisburg. Car has been setting in the parking lot for over a year. In my case it isn't worth the trouble and I don't have the space to let a non runner car sit around without plates on it for a year while I jump through the hoops to get a title. Another reason that car is sitting is because you need a title to dispose of a car. Drag a car home without a title and you are stuck with it for better or worse.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search