1984 Buick Skyhawk Available for Sale/Parts - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1984 Buick Skyhawk Available for Sale/Parts
Sunday, April 30, 2017 5:36 AM
If anyone is interested, I am being forced by the city I live in the get my 1984 Buick Skyhawk running or junk it. Sadly, I do not have the money and cannot find the parts anymore to either get him running or restore him. I know there are those of you out there that may have the same issues, so if you are interested in buying my baby boy, please contact me. I have until the middle of May to remove him. Otherwise, he will be sold for scrap. Thank you. picket_1@yahoo.com

Re: 1984 Buick Skyhawk Available for Sale/Parts
Monday, May 01, 2017 4:11 PM
Hey, Krystin - Hugh here. If no one ends up buying it by, say May 10, be sure to STRIP it of as many parts as possible - the wording on the car "Skyhawk" "Buick" and such, hubcaps, taillights, tires, if possible. Then you could post those on Ebay or list them on here and sell them separately.

Is it a Custom or a Limited? I've been dying to buy an original radio and a center arm rest, if it has one, but here's hoping someone will buy it and restore it. If only I lived in the country and had some darn space!
Monday, May 01, 2017 8:25 PM
Is it on Craigslist with pics?
Tuesday, May 02, 2017 12:30 AM
No, but I can do that this week. Are you interested in buying him?
Thursday, May 04, 2017 7:56 PM
Looks like no center arm rest.

Here is the Ebay listing guys. Looks like a great deal: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-Buick-Skyhawk-Custom-/162500575690?hash=item25d5ca01ca:g:jPsAAOSwhvFZCNhl&vxp=mtr
Friday, May 05, 2017 9:36 AM
Hi! posted on Craigslist now. Same as Ebay listing. Thanks!
Friday, May 05, 2017 8:30 PM
I would strip out the entire inside dash and all.Remove the front and rear bumpers and hood,rear deck (or trunk lid) and any trim on the outside and mirrors.Granted if you do not sell the car that small $250 is a joke for real value in the hard to find parts down the road.The more you remove it could pay you more.Granted finding a buyer is the key for the whole car.Your quarters are so rusted out!.Just a quick take as I am really tired.

Saturday, May 06, 2017 4:17 PM
How do I strip a car? I don't know how to do that. Where would I keep the stripped parts while waiting for buyers? How do people normally do that? Not saying unwilling, but how? Do you know anyone looking for parts? No one has really replied to my posting on this forum. If you can help, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Saturday, May 06, 2017 7:49 PM
If you do not know how to take a car apart mechanically my next thought .I would get the tires aired up and put in a storage facility until you find a buyer.Yes it cost you,but on the good side if someone needs it for a donor car for parts and or wants to bring it back you should recoup you storing fees.Unless you know some one with a shop that would charge a low cost to store for say 6 months to year as Jbodies sell more in the spring and summer when people begin or continue fixing there own 1st gens.Just a idea and explaining removing parts is far to long winded.

Sunday, May 07, 2017 5:23 AM
Thanks. Really wish I could do that. Have explored every option. Storage facilities require the car is working, insured, and has plates and tags. Can't even afford to do that Thought I might be able to get around that, but facilities have told me they will check the cars that are stored from time to time. Have had a lot of interest, but no buyers yet. Wish one of these 800+ people who have looked at him online and one of the people "watching:" would bid...I seriously don't think that if you REALLY want a Buick Skyhawk/Skyhawk parts as badly as some people online seem to that $250 is a lot of money.
Sunday, May 07, 2017 11:54 AM
Wow, your cities government is a bit tyrannical.

Can you get it in your back yard? Out of sight, out of mind, hopefully.
Or maybe be able to clean out a place in the garage for it?

Sunday, May 07, 2017 1:54 PM
nope and nope. believe me, if i could have had him in a garage all these years he'd be in super condition.
Sunday, May 07, 2017 2:57 PM
I'm in eastern PA, mine is tagged, runs, drives and is insured. Costs me about $300 per year. I could get it to cost less if I would antique plate the car.

I don't know what options Ohio might have, but have you looked into antique plates and antique insurance where you can agree to keep the yearly mileage low (obviously not a problem)? Often, a car with an antique plate doesn't even need a yearly inspection.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search