Odometer and trip motors interchange? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Odometer and trip motors interchange?
Saturday, May 06, 2017 8:35 AM
The trip and odometer don't work on my 88 sunbird gt, I see when I took out the cluster that they are drivin by little motors. Can these motors be interchange from another cluster? Different year/cluster ect. Thanks, Roger.

Re: Odometer and trip motors interchange?
Saturday, May 06, 2017 3:51 PM
Sorry I can't help you on any interchange, though I would imagine there are other cars using the same.
However, there are a few speedometer restoration shops in the country that might be able to help you, if someone doesn't post with sound information on what will work as a replacement for them.
Sunday, May 07, 2017 7:41 PM
butch nackley wrote:Sorry I can't help you on any interchange, though I would imagine there are other cars using the same.
However, there are a few speedometer restoration shops in the country that might be able to help you, if someone doesn't post with sound information on what will work as a replacement for them.

A while back I read on a forum somewhere that the Chevy Astro vans used the same motor but can't find the info again. I would imagine that another Sunbird cluster (nonturbo or no tact or different year) with the motors would interchange but, I didn't want to pull the trigger on an ebay one till I was sure or someone else may know.
Sunday, May 07, 2017 8:28 PM
Roger I have sent a email to a member here who is More fluent with the 2nd gens.He know's his stuff and just wait a day or so and he should reply to your thread with a actual answer.I feel confident he can address the problem! R

Sunday, May 07, 2017 9:47 PM
Awsome! Thanks Ron, I really appreciate that!
Saturday, July 15, 2017 8:03 AM
Just checking in guys, still can't really find info on these little motors. Thanks, Roger.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search