Painting on my 1st gens.....(the hard way) - Page 4 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Painting on my 1st gens.....(the hard way)
Sunday, March 19, 2017 10:08 AM
...and so the journey continues......Finally finished the top side.

Kinda felt out of place painting such a rare Z-Hood like this , knowing full well just how rare these things are. In the end I remembered that no one else had even touched that car while it was in the bone yard , and most likely this hood along with everything else I was able to salvage - would have simply been crushed to bits.

So once I replace all the hardware back on this, it'll be ready to bolt on the Wagon. I won't have to worry about this hood rusting away on me!!

Waiting in the wings , are the Pontiac pieces Ron hooked me up with. More J fun to be had!!

Friday, April 21, 2017 6:11 AM
Wow, I'd really like to find one of those hoods locally for my Wagon, but up here, Cavs of this vintage are LOOOOOOONG GONE!

~ Mike ~

Saturday, April 22, 2017 7:41 AM
Yep - we are long past the window for these cars. Even finding parts for my 4th gen F-Bodies is getting tough up here in MI

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 12:22 PM
Time to share some of my work on the Pontiac Hood - Ron picked up for me!!

Finally finished the inside of the hood.....but after all the hoods I've worked on it just seemed so much "The same ole thing...."

So, since I had plenty of time to work on this, I thought , well .....what the heck. So I decided to do something special with this one! So I 2 toned it to match the Pontiac. Little something nice to look at when I check the fluids

Guess I won't be refitting the insulation back on this one now!! Haaha

I definitely have gotten very intimate with this piece of sheet metal during all this painting too.

Thursday, May 25, 2017 5:04 PM

As always looking good

Thursday, August 03, 2017 9:54 AM
Well I finally finished up painting around the engine compartment and cowl area yesterday. I know a lot of this won't even be see once I get get everything bolted back on , so I took plenty of photos while I could.While it was brush painted and not perfect by any means - I finally got a chance to complete a project like this in some form like I'd always would have liked to do had I had the time and money. In my younger days I was just too busy, broke and in a hurry to get the car back together to drive me to work ASAP.

So I shall dedicate these photos to all those vehicles in my past that should have deserved far better than I had the ability to to do!

Won't be long now till I finally start putting this one back together - lets see if I can remember enough to not to screw up everything along the way....LoL

By the way - anyone notice how Photobucket has started forcing people to pay them to 3rd party the photos you upload there? That's just wrong! I went back to Google Photos. From what I can tell, any photos you've ever shared via Photo Bucket are now blocked off unless you pay them every month. Guess I am lucky they don't own the highways....huh!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search