parting out 87 cavalier coupe - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
parting out 87 cavalier coupe
Wednesday, July 26, 2017 6:18 AM
Hi All, it's been quite some time since I have been on here. I stopped driving my '87 cavalier in 2013 due to rust issues. I see there are still 1st gen enthusiasts on here!

I had started parting out my 87 last year but at a snail's pace, holding onto the hope that I could use these parts on a future acquisition, but the time has come to move on.
The 2.2L runs good, has 140K, auto tranny also works well. I also have the original 2.0L also with 140K in inside storage since 2004. I've attached some general pictures I took last year. The interior is out but available, I have an entire matching blue set in very good condition. Local pickup at my location near Lancaster PA would be best for the big stuff.

Rear quarters, door bottoms, rockers and front windshield pinch weld are rotted out and barely worth scrap value. The trunk lid, front fenders are decent with small spots of rust, the nose and hood is in great shape. All glass is good, small chip in front windshield. Some smaller parts are already gone.

If anyone is interested in any body parts or the whole car and both engines, send me a message. I might also post some parts on ebay or CL. I have the title (I've owned it since 1993). In all likelihood however, I'm not going to hold onto it for much longer.

Thanks all!

Terry
Attachments
header panel.jpg (199k)
dash.jpg (93k)
engine.jpg (129k)
rear seat.jpg (68k)
front seats.jpg (91k)

1987 Chevrolet Cavalier 2-door coupe
with 1996 2.2L MPFI

Re: parting out 87 cavalier coupe
Wednesday, July 26, 2017 3:44 PM
I'm interested in the arm rest from both doors.
They are they blue, correct?

How much with shipping to ship to 34652?

Thanks
Thursday, July 27, 2017 7:01 AM
I've made a google drive to show some of the parts that I have photos for. As I get time, I'll upload more photos here or add on request:

Photo Album

Butch, yes they are blue. USPS has shipping ground at $13 according to their calculator.
No cracks, vinyl is in good condition. The driver's side had started separating between the foam and the vinyl at the edge against the door. I had tried to 3M glue it once but it didn't stick, so I made the galvanized bracket you see in the photos to hold it down. Photos are in the google drive link above. How does $40 for the pair with shipping sound?

with 1996 2.2L MPFI
Thursday, July 27, 2017 7:17 AM
I just realized that I should have posted this in the 'for sale' section. Is there a way to move the thread or do I just re-create it over there?

with 1996 2.2L MPFI
Thursday, July 27, 2017 8:59 AM
Terry DeTurck wrote:

I just realized that I should have posted this in the 'for sale' section. Is there a way to move the thread or do I just re-create it over there?

I would re-create over there. All three generations populations are dwindling, and those that are still here probably pretty much only show up in their generation when they do come to the site. Having it here ensures it is seen by those with interest in the first gen stuff.
Thursday, July 27, 2017 3:42 PM
Well, that is a bummer.

Those arm rest are different than mine. I've got an 88 Z24 and based on the picture in your opening post thought they were the same. After seeing the pictures of them in the album, I see they are not the same after all.
Thanks for checking on the shipping and I'm sorry I can't use them. They look to be in real nice condition and the price is certainly reasonable. I have a method of fixing them if they come unglued that is done inside the rest and no evidence of the repair is apparent on the outside of them. Those would be perfect, if only they were the same type as I need. Mine have become sticky to touch. I've cleaned them a few times, however the 'sticky' feel keeps coming back after a while.
Friday, July 28, 2017 3:56 AM
butch nackley wrote:

Well, that is a bummer.

Those arm rest are different than mine. I've got an 88 Z24 and based on the picture in your opening post thought they were the same. After seeing the pictures of them in the album, I see they are not the same after all.
Thanks for checking on the shipping and I'm sorry I can't use them. They look to be in real nice condition and the price is certainly reasonable...

That's ok, thanks for letting me know. I was wondering after I checked your listed collection of cars if that might be the case. I used to have a 90 cavalier, I think the 88-90 are the same but I never had a Z24.

with 1996 2.2L MPFI
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search