fastest 1rst gen out there? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fastest 1rst gen out there?
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 2:15 PM
does anyone no or have a really 1rst gen v6 cav thinking of getting one wondering if its worth it , and if so how fast when there all done ?

Re: fastest 1rst gen out there?
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:02 PM
fab has a first gen turbo iàm guessing he will due low 14

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 11:03 PM
you can do the same things to the v6 1st gens as the 2nd gens. 3400 swaps are a good route to go (try to stick with an 87, makes it easier). you can turbo it if you have money and knoledge.

Thursday, May 12, 2005 3:03 PM
I bought an '87 Z24 5 speed hatchback brand new,& after the initial break-in, the car was turning about 15.90 to 16.10 1/4 mile times.After the warranty ran out,I started the mods-a 3" custom made exhaust from cat-back with a 2 chamber Flowmaster,Hypertech stage 2 chip with 180 degree thermostat,K&N air filter,Splitfire plugs & Accel 8.8mm wires.After that,the times went down to about 15.50.Then I started the tough stuff-a Crane Compu-Cam camshaft & lifter kit,3.61 gears(from a Sunbird turbo-I think the stock was somewhere about 3.08), bypassed the cowl induction hood & went to a custom made ram-air kit pulling air from under the front bumper & a Centerforce clutch-after all that,my best time was 14.61(I was really hoping for 13's,but the car weighed too much!) but....not bad for a Cavalier!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search