First Car? - Page 2 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: First Car?
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 3:17 PM
I bought my Firenza when I was 16 and still use it every day since then. Great first Car for $300. Love it and will Never let it Go.

Friday, July 29, 2005 9:51 PM
My miss my 87 RS...

Had someone not smashed the rear end so hard...

that it started to rust pretty bad....I kept it running as best I could, as there just wasn't
enough to save anymore....then in jan of this year, it had a motor issue...and that
was it....

she's been gone 7 months now..still miss her very much...it would have been
ten years I would have owned her...

as soon as we get out of our rough patch, I would love to pick up another one...

either another RS...I've always wanted a hatch...

maybe a vert....

Sunday, July 31, 2005 9:07 AM
My first car was my '83 J2000 convertible. Got it for $50. It didn't run when I got it, but all it needed was an ignition module (that was $60).

It was red... on the hood. The rest of the car was brown primer. The top was new, the interior was in good condition, and the 1.8 litre was alright.

Had it for about a year. Sold it when I got my Fiero. I never should've sold it. I saw the car a few months ago (it has been since taken to the junkyard, where I'm quite sure it has been crushed) The new owners used it to drive through some trails in a forested plot of land they own. They cut a hole in the trunk lid to throw empty beer cans in, they took a baseball bat to the drivers side door one day for fun, smashed the windshield, and left the new convertible top down all winter as it sat outside next to their barn ruining the interior.

Never sell a car you like to people like that.
Thursday, September 08, 2005 1:38 PM
My first car was an 85 four cavalier. I hated it then, but that was because my parents bought it for me and I had no respect for it. I wrecked three times, and rebuilt it twice, the third timee I rolled two and half times so it went to the junkyard. Now three years later I miss the car, and wish I had not been so dumb teenager driving to damn fast thinking it was fun.
Thursday, December 22, 2005 8:45 PM
Haven't been here in a while..thought I'd drop by

My parents had an '84 Type 10 coupe. Learned to drive on it when I was 16 back in '85 (I'm 36 now). Bought it from them, then it spun a rod bearing Was never the same after the dealer screwed up reinstalling the engine that my dad and I rebuilt. Traded it in on June 9, 1988 for my '87 RS ragtop (all original except for a new top and new carpet) It had 9,159 miles on it. I still have the original paperwork. It now has 209,000 on it and still runs as well as it did when I drove it home. Although I finally have to get the a/c recharged after 18 years. It's in hibernation now for the winter.

In 1996 I got an ,86 Z24 with 74,000 miles on it. It needed some work, as the body was a mess. No rust, thank God!! After doing all the bodywork, I got it painted GM #81 Flame Red. A beautiful color! See more bout both on my website: www.geocities.com/oldcavs

car alarms are as effective as screen doors on a submarine!
NOS is for PUSSIES & RICEBOYS
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search