87 convertable - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
87 convertable
Friday, July 22, 2005 3:43 AM
I am buying a 87 covertable today and was wondering if the front fenders, bumper, and some misc. parts will work on my 87 Z-24? My Z has some front end damage. If I end up getting this conv. I will be parting out the rest of the car or just sell the hole thing to someone. It will have a junk title thought, but it is suppose to be in running order. I will be driving it about 12 miles to make it to my garage. Let me know if anyone is interested in any parts. Thanks, later

Chris

Re: 87 convertable
Friday, July 22, 2005 4:35 AM
the front bumper cover is different but will fit . the fenders and misc are the same. where are you located i may be interested in the rest if not to far away.
Friday, July 22, 2005 7:11 AM
it will all fit, but the front bumper cover on the conv will be different... since it is a non z-24
Friday, July 22, 2005 1:01 PM
I just got it home. It is a 84 conv. type 10. It has a junk title and cannot be registered. I live in northwest Illinois. It has a V-6/ automatic. Let me know whats up, other wise its is going to the crusher once I get the front end parts off.
Friday, July 22, 2005 6:31 PM
the v6 started mid year in 85, and 86 the type 10 was replaced by the RS, so im gonna say its actualy an mid 85.

does the engine look like this???

if so, its an ironhead 2.8l. its a 2 year motor in a j-body, and has a lot of j-body specific peices on it (timing cover, lower, middle and upper intake, water neck, ect) and if you find the right person, you could sell that stuff for some decent cash.

Friday, July 22, 2005 6:41 PM
Sharkey, that is the motor that is in this car. It fired up after a years worth of sitting. If you know anyone who is looking for parts tell them to contact me. I'm only going to have it for a couple of more weeks before it goes to the crusher.

Also, do you have any information on a front bumper cover for a '87 z24, because the '84 convertible has a different front bumper cover?

Thanks for all your help.
My email address is: smitty1five@hotmail.com
Friday, July 22, 2005 6:48 PM
Just wanted to make a quick change - it is an '85 convertible - built April of '85.
Friday, July 22, 2005 9:58 PM
what frontend parts are you taking off of it and what shape is the car in.
Friday, July 22, 2005 10:58 PM
the 86-87 z24 is infact a different bumper cover. the z24 cover is the same on coupe and hatch cars.

Saturday, July 23, 2005 7:20 AM
I am taking the front end off. The bumper, light bezels, both fenders, mirrors, and some little small things. The car is in pretty rough shape, bottom of doors are gone, top has holes in it, but the power motor still works. The bottom rocker chrome moulding is in good shape. The car was never wrecked but just was let to go to hell. E-mail me if there is a part you need and I will let you know if I have it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search