Antenna Tool? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Antenna Tool?
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 8:28 PM
Anybody know what kinda tool removes the antenna mount without wrecking it? I killed mine getting it ready for paint. I found a clean one in a yeard and don't want to wreck it.I also got my trunk release switch, headlight bezel screws, timing cover and a almost mint leather steering wheel! all for $10!!!!

Paul

Re: Antenna Tool?
Thursday, July 28, 2005 4:18 AM
I'm guessing that you're referring to the antennae base, as the antennae is removed with a crescent wrench.

This is the nut with 4 "slots" in it? There is a special socket for the base. But in the 10 or so years that I've been a tech, I've found that it's just as easy to use 3 screwdrivers to loosen and tighten the nut. Place one flat blade screwdriver in one slot so it is standing up (same direction as the antennae). Place the second screwdriver in the slot 180 degrees from the first. Use the third screwdriver between the first two to turn them. Spend a little time practicing holding the 2 screwdrivers and working the 3rd, and you'll get it.

gl
-->Slow
Thursday, July 28, 2005 8:54 PM
Yep, the one with the 4 slots. I was in a hurry so I killed the old one while removing it. All my vehicles are GM save 1, so I have no problem buying this socket if I knew where to get it.

Thanks.

Friday, July 29, 2005 9:35 AM
ATD Tools 6501
Lisle 29650
Snap-on S6181
Prolly others. Prices range from $25 - $38

-->Slow
Saturday, July 30, 2005 1:24 PM
Good to see you're still plugging away on the car Paul. Mine has been in limbo for over a year now. After getting layed off Jan 2004, finally getting job Sept 2004, moving for my new job, courthouse marriage Nov 2004, and formal wedding in 3 weeks, I have no money for anything. I still haven't recovered from my 9 months not working. It gives me inspiration to see you still working on the car. Wow, I think this is my first post in almost a year, lol. Keep up the good work Paul.

Jeremy #13 DSP Nebraska Region SCCA Mid-America Motorplex SCCA Homepage
SCCA Solo II Car Classifications and Rules Koni/GC Installation
Saturday, July 30, 2005 1:29 PM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search