tranny problems - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tranny problems
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 4:12 PM
well on my way home from the beer store today I found that I was no longer able to shift any gears. Any thoughts and help would be appreciated.

Re: tranny problems
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 8:52 PM
For starters did ur clutch have good FEEL prior to this issue.U should check ur clutch fluid resevoir first.Then look at ur slave cylinder to ensure it's not leaking fluid if the resevoir is LOW.IF the clutch had good pull or feel u may need to just adjust the cables for the shifter some,nothing new about that issue with gm or cavs.IF the the clutch was gone it would not move the car in either no gears or just the gear thats shot depending on wear and age of the clutch itself. Also if it was slipping all the time is another sign of a worn clutch.U may want to grease the linkage on the transmission too,stiff linkage there would cause this no shift issue and a little lithium grease in a aeresol can works great this is the shifter cables that go from the shifter to the transm.These are a few things rite off,I am kinda tired and wanted to at least give u a few things to look over and check.I am sure others will add to it what I left off or forgot etc.

Re: tranny problems
Saturday, August 06, 2005 8:07 PM
Did you check out the things I mentioned?I was just wondering the status of ur ride.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search