Well Looks like I'm gonna be selling the Firenza. - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Well Looks like I'm gonna be selling the Firenza.
Monday, December 26, 2005 8:16 AM
Well, I just started a new job so I am going to be buying a new car ASAP I am looking at a Cobalt SS Supercharged. I can pick up a 2005 Sunfire for 8K so I might do that. My question is what do you think I can get for my car? Its a 1982 Oldsmobile Firenza S hatch. Has a GM made 1.8L L4 engine with a rochester 2BBL carb, a TH125C trans. The car has 127760 original kms on it, everthing works perfect. Interior is perfect only a slight tear on the side of the driver seat(barely noticeable) Has new winter tires on it, new brakes. Paint is faded except on the newly painted drivers front fender. Paint has a few chips and scratches, to my knowledge it was painted 9-10 years ago. I am the second owner, first own was an elderly lady who never drove it in winter and it was alway garage kept. The body has 2 spots of rust but it is just surface not deep yet. It has a whole new exhaust system and a new muffler but is pretty loud. The car needs a rack and pinion but I will be fixing it, and the windshield has a smal leak that I may get fixed, the car is freaking solid, has now rattles and runs like new, but the speedometer cable chirps but still works great. Its been undercoated every year and under the undercoat the undeneith is still shiny like new. My reason for selling it I need something newer to thavel back a forth to work. NO I'm not trying to sell it hear but I just want to know what you guys think I can get for it I would prefer in Canadain funds. Thank you.

1982 Olds Firenza S-1.8L auto, not fast but fun it is.

Re: Well Looks like I'm gonna be selling the Firenza.
Monday, December 26, 2005 8:24 AM
damn i wish i could buy it accually...i really wanna get a 1 gen 2 dr hatch

96 cavi(RIP),99 olds alero' WI_J's
WI j-tuner
http://www.geocities.com/WIJTuners/
Re: Well Looks like I'm gonna be selling the Firenza.
Monday, December 26, 2005 8:30 AM
I am hopping for 2K for will take 1500 for her, I bought her for 2700 just over a year ago and have put some work into her. Well I'll keep you updaded, and see how it goes. Where are you located anyway?

Re: Well Looks like I'm gonna be selling the Firen
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 10:39 AM
WHAT!!!!!!!!!! how is selling going to help you buy a new car!....i mean your not going to get enough to really help funds towards a new car. why!!!! well anyways give it to me i will take really good care of it!....................i need a passenger side chrom strip......

Thursday, December 29, 2005 9:13 AM
:-(
that's sad
i'd keep it as a daily driver, drive it till the motor fries, and swap a 2.0 turbo drive train (engine/tranny/axles) into it. Your car has to be hella light. It would fly with some turbo power. I think yoru car weighs like 2300 pounds IIRC.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 6:37 PM
how about a 1984 olds firenza 5speed sedan is it light and would i gain any good power form this turbo manifold and turbo for a 85 t-type sunbird i a just curious if i should or not but anywho thanks
Thursday, January 26, 2006 1:03 PM
Ylime wrote:WHAT!!!!!!!!!! how is selling going to help you buy a new car!....i mean your not going to get enough to really help funds towards a new car. why!!!! well anyways give it to me i will take really good care of it!....................i need a passenger side chrom strip......

Well Em come up here and get the keys from my dead cold hand....................... Or $1500 cash would work. But it is not 4 sure if I am selling it. I may keep it for a winter car. We will see.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 6:54 PM
You should Ebay it...you could get a decent amount for it...

I wouldn't be surprised once its traded in-they send it right to the junkyard.

Most places won't even mess with old 1st gens anymore...

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 11:30 AM
Well, looks like I'm just gonna keep it, when this engine or transmission goes i'm gonna swap it out for either a 2.0L turbo or a 3.4L stroker V6 and a 5speed trans. But first thing is the body I am getting it fixed and painted. Thanks all, and offer any opinions if you want.

Friday, February 03, 2006 2:12 AM
I ALMOST had myself a 1st gen Z hatch...... not anywhere close to as clean as your Firenza though......

Wish I could find a clean hatch..... S/C 3800 for sure....

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, February 06, 2006 2:18 PM
i have a 86 skyhawk T type 1.8 turbo 4 speed stick cheep $1000-

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search