2.0 Intake Manifold Gasket Set Question - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.0 Intake Manifold Gasket Set Question
Sunday, January 01, 2006 8:10 AM
I am about to set the intake manifold on my rebuilt 2.0 OHV head. Should I use the brush on gasket set for this gasket or is it better to set this gasket dry?

-Tom

Re: 2.0 Intake Manifold Gasket Set Question
Sunday, January 01, 2006 7:02 PM
Tom UR IN LUCK ,I have just recently bought my intake manifold gasket(FEL-PRO).I am going to just install the gasket as it is,no adhesives or gasket maker products.I bought mine at advance auto MS91390 is there part#.I have yet to finish my NEW battery cables project,but I did find OEM style cable ends at a local battery store and they are 100% like OEM to the letter.I just need to get a butt connector big enuff for 8 gauge wire and that will connect my power wire on the positive side cable going to the 12volt terminal on the firewall.I will take pics and show once I install and show it so u can see what I did and how awesome these new cables r.OK

Sunday, January 01, 2006 7:07 PM
Oh sort of off subject but this week I am going to buy or rather order a complete new axle assembly for the left hand side since my half shaft seal is shot,leaking fluid.I figured if I have to remove the whole axle which is 20yrs old I was getting a new axle while I was at it,xmas gift cards are paying for it WHOO HOO.I also will show pics b4 and after on that job as well.In case u want to know its the seal at the transm where the input shaft seals into it and will post the part # s if u need them once I have it all straight.I am sure u know what I am talking about but,felt compelled to explain.

Monday, January 02, 2006 5:51 PM
Ron, I have done axles in my 87. That car is a manual 2.8. They are not difficult to change. Be careful when ordering the replacements. The ones I first got were pretty poor quality. I then opted to rebuild mine (for the same cost). I would recommend doing both axles at the same time. I am pretty sure that you will leak tranny fluid so be prepared. In addition, think about doing the seals at the tranny. You will need a seal puller to pull them and will need to tap the replacements back into place.

Pulling the intake manifold with the head on seems like it will be a pain. The bolts are a pain to get to. The inside two are actually nuts on hex bolts. You will also need to disconnect the heater hose that ties into the bottom of the manifold, so be prepared for some antifreeze leakage. This hose is also a molded hose. Now would probably be a good time to change it out.

I hopefully will get the head back on within the next week or two. I seem to just pudder along.

Tom
Monday, January 02, 2006 7:50 PM
I am prepared for the work and I just have to order the axle on the left and the seal going into the trans on the left side.I have thought about doing the other axle as well.As far as the heater hose coming from the heater core it has been replaced prior to ,heater core was replaced.I am going to drain my coolant b4 doing the intake and the car will be on jack stands so I will have so clearance.I have tools out the azz so it should not b a problem.Thanks for ur input on the fun that awaits.It just keeps raining everywk and my job really prevents me from doing during that,looks like once I start it it will b a wkend.I hope to order my parts this wk.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search