New here - '85 CS Wagon - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New here - '85 CS Wagon
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 5:17 PM
Hey all, I signed up here years ago but I don't think I've ever made a post... I've owned a 1985 CS Wagon for about 9 years - she was my first car. She's in pretty cruddy shape right now, but I've got plans... Anyway, I just wanted to post a quick introduction.

Another tidbit, my wagon is a 5 speed manual - which I've been told is a rare find. I'd love to know how many of them were made with the manual tranny, but haven't been able to find that out yet. Any ideas? Thanks.

Battle!!
225k and counting

Re: New here - '85 CS Wagon
Thursday, January 19, 2006 5:11 AM
33,551 Cavalier CS wagons were produced in 1985, but I do not have a breakdown in the number of 5-speed cars. Most would have come with the TH125C automatic I woudl assume, but I can't find a listing of options with the production numbers.

I have posted a list of 1st gen production numbers here: http://www.geocities.com/doctorsvt/cavnumbers.html

Welcome back to the site!

We could use some more posters here in the first gen section! Any pictures of your wagon?

Thursday, January 19, 2006 7:46 AM
welcome, they only made 5,000+ convertibles in 84...lol.....and i herd they only made 300 of them f-41's lol..mine must be somehwat rare.....but i think our cars are more personaly rare..not like in the future anyones going to kill for them lol...which makes us special..I think we need more recognition (sp?) lol...on this site to...it's ALL about third gens lol.....

Thursday, January 19, 2006 8:58 AM
Heya, thanks for the welcome.

Daryl - interesting site with the production numbers, that's cool! I know I've personally never seen another wagon with a manual. Everytime I see one, I look inside and they've all been automatic. I do have some pics of the ol' girl, I'll have to dig them out. She sure isn't much to look at right now. I always tell people that by the time I finally finish working on her, I'll probably be too old to drive!

Ylime - Yeah my wagon has the F41 too. I know what you mean about nobody's gonna kill for them in the future - ha. I've told some people that I think my car is rare. Lot of people think that's cool, but some look at me like "So??" haha.

Funny this site is all about 3rd gens. The 3rd gen owners I've talked to in the past HATED their cars. Nothing but problems with them. I've got 231K miles on my old wagon - original motor and tranny - and she's still kicking! Never any major repairs. Not that I'm bragging or anything...

Battle!!
225k and counting
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search