86 Cav Convertable - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
86 Cav Convertable
Sunday, January 22, 2006 7:58 AM
Well the car is finally done. Fired it up and drove it yesterday. Just need to adjust the valves. They were tapping a bit. No leaks. Appeared to run strong.

Now I'm going to post the car for sale on Ebay if anyone is interested.

Re: 86 Cav Convertable
Sunday, January 22, 2006 4:43 PM
Tom- glad to hear its all up and running.

I looked in the garage and found a spare valve cover...but no spare plastic pipe.

Good luck with the sale. Didn't know it was going on the market.

Monday, January 23, 2006 6:06 AM
Daryl - Thanks for checking. I was able to get a 1/2" to 1/2" plastic fitting at the autoparts store. I cut it down and it worked perfectly. I am selling the car because I just have too many. I'll probably kick myself, but I'm not able to drive them all. Right now I have 3 J-body convertables. A 92 Z24, 87 RS 2.8 5-speed, and this car (an 86 RS 2.0). In addition, I have a modded 3rd gen, and a 3rd gen that I drive everyday. They're starting to get older and need more and more attention. I am finding that I just don't have the time to enjoy them. My plan is to sell the 86, 87, and modded 3rd gen. I'd like to buy a convertable vette or new convertable GT. I guess time will tell.

-Tom
Monday, January 23, 2006 8:04 AM
i know what you mean lol..time to move on...i had 3 j's last summer and my daily driver..it's to much...and not to mention i live wth my parents and they have a total of 4 cars them selves in a 2 car garage city house lol....time to sell some...i got rid of my z24 and the brown cavi 84 convertible is for sale....im keeping the firenza as my project and buying a new car as well...good luck and do you have any pics of any or all of your cars?

Monday, January 23, 2006 9:13 AM
Check out my reg here and on v6Z24 for pics. There's a bunch of pics of the white 86 on ebay.
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 5:08 AM
Well the car is sold. A guy from Buffalo NY is coming down to pick it up on Sunday afternoon.

I was able to take the 87 out for a ride with the top down yesterday, as it was 64 deg F in Putnam NY. Normal temps for this time of year are usually in the 20's
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 8:19 PM
Good and bad it sounds.I really enjoyed helping out on some the issues and such with that one.But I know u have other cars to keep up as well and understand why u sold it.I myself am just waiting on warm weather until I do my axles so I don't start it and then it gets cold then rain then cold then warm u know.So as it is I did get my just safety inspec 2wks ago nc now has a new inspec laws and 96 or newer does the obd and emissions check where as any yr b4 only does safety woohoo only cost $9.20 for my inspec.I like that low cost not to mention the cav is Aok on the emiss stuff anyway and never been a prob.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 5:33 PM
sigh, makes me want to get my 84 vert back on the road, just needs tag/insurance lol

Sorry.....
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-01-13 10:15:53.
This ban will expire 2005-01-14 10:15:35 Pacific Time.
Reason: Free 84 Cavi Drop Top!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search