Fluids u use oil,anti,trans etc - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fluids u use oil,anti,trans etc
Saturday, February 11, 2006 9:14 PM
I use valvoline oil no problems in like 19yrs.Antifreeze use the super tech (regular green) walmart brand again just as good as the name brands.As for the transmission I use dexron lll havoline since my car has a 4spd manual only the 5spd uses 5/30 oil kinda weird uhh.I use seafoam good results overall.I just wanted to post to see what everyone uses in there first gens and make light of the fact of the strange stuff like using dexron lll in a manual 4spd (only) that is so weird but all my books chiltons,haynes and even the owner manual says to use.Alright

Re: Fluids u use oil,anti,trans etc
Sunday, February 12, 2006 7:57 PM
I used Pennzoil for most of the car's life, but recently switched to cheap Napa oil. Its made by valvoline, and I figure the stuff doesn't stay in the crankcase long enough (2-3,000 miles) to warrant spending a ton of money on it.

I use AC delco filters throughout, PEAK antifreeze, GE bulbs, Napa belts / hoses, and electrical reman parts. I also run a Napa battery, Monroe struts, and Raybestos brakes.

I've been happy with NAPA parts when and if Delco stuff isn't available or I don't want to pay a premium for it.

Gotta keep 'em running.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 11:20 PM
i run castrol 10/40 in the engine (soon switching to synthetics) syncromesh in the tranny, whatever antifreeze i grab. i used to run high mialage valvoline but since i put the new motor in, no need for it.

Monday, February 13, 2006 8:46 PM
Speaking of filters I use fram no issues.I also use dayco hoses,or goodyear since that's what they are.I use the standard ac delco plugs cheap and work great.As for parts like sensors etc I use what advance or auto zone carry which ever has what I need.Napa does sell good parts tho.I could go on but the list is long.Monroe is my susp, and brakes usually rabestos.I have yet to do brakes on the cav that's next after some other work that has priority.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search