Cavalier / moving pictures - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cavalier / moving pictures
Sunday, February 12, 2006 7:47 PM
Just wanted to share a few pics from our recent move from Evansville, Indiana to Peoria, Illinois. My mom drove my Cobra, my wife drove her Cavalier, and I pulled my 86 with a U-Haul truck & trailer. I was nervous as hell pulling the car because I had to maneuver it tightly down a dead-end street, alley, and all sorts of obstacles without a back window. I did just fine, but I don't think I'm cut out to be a truck driver. Anyways, here are the shots...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's my rented tow vehicle. A brand new 17' Ford E350 cube van with the Triton V-10. It had just 693 miles on her. With the trailer loaded and a full load of household goods she still pulled good. 70 mph good, or twice what the giant sticker on the trailer said the "MAX SPEED" was. Whoops...

I barely made it out of the alley behind our old house. The trailer scraped a little...but I just leaned into it and kept pulling. The car came out unscathed but the trailer had a few extra scrapes in it when it was returned

A picture from behind. Mom in the Cobra following Sarah following me. Combined with the U-Haul truck we had a 36-cylinder caravan running down the road.

After cooling off the next day, I looked over the car to make sure it survived. Other than some rain, she looked just fine.

At home in Peoria...

Hope you enjoyed the show. Now its time for the Cavalier to continue her winter hibernation.

Re: Cavalier / moving pictures
Monday, February 13, 2006 8:51 PM
Neet I am a prof truck driver myself! Hauling a 53 ft trlr every day at least m-f.I soon will have a GARAGE!!!!!!! We are adding on to our house in the spring and thank goodness the cav will see no more weather.I do keep it covered with a waterproof cover which REALLY does work.I am really excited about having a garage no latter than the summer.In fact I drove the cav tonight omg I really love my car.Glad ur move went good for u and get settled in and enjoy ur new home.By the way I drive a daycab as my tractor 97 international just if u were wondering.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 5:31 PM
Thanks Ron, I couldn't drive a real truck for a living. I'm not that good at 'perepheral vision'.

Glad to hear you're getting a garage soon. If only I had enough land to put up a pole barn....
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:38 PM
Glad to see the move went well. I'll be doing the same thing in less than a month. My fiance & I bought a house(2 1/2 car heated garage....I'M HOME!!!!) But,I'm going to have to drive my '86 Z24 ragtop clone over to the house....probably in snow!!! It's about a 40 mile drive,and I just can't bring myself to pay for a flatbed ride over there-I'm gonna have enough expenses for a while,hehehe.........have fun unpacking!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search