full body swap - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
full body swap
Sunday, February 26, 2006 1:54 PM
i just got a 92 sunbird SE for parts and I'm deciding witch way i want to do it. i could just wasp the engine,tranny,etc to my 86 or leave it all and just put my 86 body on the 92 but dose anyone know if the body of a 86 sunbird GT will bolt to a frame of a 92 sunbird SE?

Re: full body swap
Sunday, February 26, 2006 2:36 PM
well, there is no frame to speak of in these cars, they are unibody. about all you can swap over is the frontend. the trunk will be different, the doors are the same.

what motor is in the se??? if its a v6, its a worthwhile swap. if its a 2.0l, not realy worth the trouble. if you swap it all over, just swap everything. motor, tranny, wiring, ecm, dash, interior, and body harness. this will make the swap pretty much just plug and play.

Sunday, February 26, 2006 2:59 PM
yes its the 3.1 v6 i wouldn't bother with another I4.
I'm gonna go with the swapping the engine, tranny, wiring etc..
thanks for the fast help.
Monday, February 27, 2006 5:54 PM
Depends on where you are. If you are in Ontario the new emissions crap ends the rolling 20-year exemption this year.

anything 87 or prior will be exempt, anything 88 or newer will have to be tested every year untill its scrapped.

that alone makes 87-back a much better idea.

Rice.....Part of a balanced Pontiac diet.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 2:30 PM
here there are no inspections so i could do just about anything to the car as long as its not to loud or look dangerous.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search