Weird issue 2.0 turbo - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Weird issue 2.0 turbo
Friday, April 07, 2006 11:22 PM
ok, ever since i've done my top end rebuild i've had this issue....
car idle's like crap, low end acceleration isn't there....
today, thew code 45 for rich exhaust.

#2 cylinder has a problem and is either not fueling or not firing...
changed, plugs,wires, cap, coil, #2 injector, fuel filter. on my autometer boost guage i show a steady 18 on the vacum side... and boost to 5 slowly rise to 7.
pulled sparkplugs and all seem to be running quite rich. plugs have black soot/carbon on them. thought it might be a wiring issue, swapped #2 and #3 wiring harness to each injector with no such luck. compression is within the 10% generally allowed between cyl's with the highest being 150ish

at this point and time i am ripping my hair out trying to figure out what's going on with this damn motor....
list of parts replaced when top end was rebuilt
headbolts,
cam
cam followers
lash adjusters
headgasket (with gm one)
timing belt,
waterpump,
oilpressure sender
water temp sender (guage one)
valve cover gasket,
all new fluids,
delco plugs (since swapped_
rod bearings...

mods: 2.0 tubo swapped for TGP turbo
msd coil,
delco cap and rotor
msd 8.5mm wires
NGK TR5's currently in motor
msd replacement coil
2.5 highflow cat and catback exhaust

if any of the turbo guys could take a look at the above and maybe point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.... the next step at this point is going to be to get another stock FPR and swap that in as well as my other distribuitor and see if that makes a difference... any other suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated...
Justin

1st 1st gen on air.....

Re: Weird issue 2.0 turbo
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 4:14 PM
I had a code 45 on my 87 turbo 2.0 and it turned out that the 02 sensor had broken. It's not on your list of changed parts and unlike most things on these engines, it's easy to change. Good luck.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search