another 1st gen laid to rest - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
another 1st gen laid to rest
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 10:21 PM
another first gen down heading up to the car gods. a few hours ago on my way home from work, a car ran a light turning in front of me and i hit em right in the passenger door. 99% sure my car is toast, the rad was pushed around the front header, and about all that survived was the hood. the rad support is bent real bad as was the subframes. ive got witnesses saying im not at fault, and the police seemed to think so aswell, so i may not get raped to bad by insurance. i go to look at the car tomorow and ill find out for sure if its gone or not, but im 99% sure it is. the bad part is everything in the car is new. i will likley buy the car back, but weather or not i build another is up in the air yet.

Re: another 1st gen laid to rest
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 10:26 PM
sad to hear man, u had a nice 1st gen.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 5:10 AM
that sucks bad man your car was really hot, i'l send you a pm for few parts i would like if it those get writhen off , i hope not but if it does.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 7:34 AM
im pretty sure its a write off. and i wont be selling anything at this point, there is the possibility that i may do it all over again.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 2:15 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i loved ur first gen i've almost all your posts that car is to nice to end up a cube.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 6:04 PM
tough break, bro. I'm sorry to hear that happened. I wish you luck with whatever you decide, whether its rebuilding or building another from scratch.

Good luck to you.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 4:47 AM
glad your thinking of rebuilding it, we need to keep these ride on the roads

Thursday, June 08, 2006 12:34 PM
for you people who like to see carnage

im not doing as good as i was after it happened. my right wrist is realy sore (may have a broken bone, going back to the doctors later today) and my back, neck, and shoulders are so sore. right now im not realy thinking much about the car.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 6:26 PM
dude that sucks man, such a gorgeous car

Sorry.....
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-01-13 10:15:53.
This ban will expire 2005-01-14 10:15:35 Pacific Time.
Reason: Free 84 Cavi Drop Top!

Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:49 PM
I am truly sorry to see and hear about ur cars demise and yes it sucks bc u tend to feel the pain a day later after a good smack as u apparently got.Worst case u could get that fixed with todays frame machines and set back straight like it was,even if it cost alot the car prolly means alot to u.I hope u recover from ur pain and soreness and may u get the car issue corrected or a good replacement to take its place with all the mods u have on the original.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:06 PM
no word on the car yet, but i do know its gonna be a total loss. the right side of the unibody is pushed back at least 1/2" (evident looking at the motor mount on the front). being the car is that bent up, i dont want it fixed, itll never be right. there is also the fact that it has 425k km on it, and anything that high will get written off for just a scratch.

so you guys are aware, im already starting the search for another car. this time, its a hatch.

Friday, June 09, 2006 9:18 AM
Will you be buying the car back from the insurance company? Since it's going to be totalled, you should be able to buy it back for a very low dollar amount, then salvage whatever you can from it. You could certainly part it out on this board and more than pay for the totalled value.

SteveM.
Friday, June 09, 2006 12:37 PM
parting it out would net me so much less than i have into it. at last count, i had $12g canadian, and thats before i did the interior. i will be buying the car back. i had a friend who had a 91 base model dressed up as a z24 and a 3400, he had it written off and he got $1200+ the car back. honestly, if i got that, id be happy. as far as i see it, about all i cant save out of the car is the window tint and sound deadener, everything else will swap over to my next car.

Friday, June 09, 2006 5:15 PM
oh man that blows big time... but hey at least it looks like the valance survived Glad your ok man, i'm sure the next one will be just as good or better!

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Friday, June 09, 2006 5:32 PM
actualy, the valance survived till the tow truck picked it up and crushed it.

Friday, June 09, 2006 8:19 PM
Very sorry to hear and see this. BTDT myself. Hope you can find a suitable replacement.

-->Slow
Sunday, June 11, 2006 6:23 PM
EDamn dude yourt car was one of my fave 1st gens ever. but get a hach and make a Ver 2.0, thats what i would do

Thursday, June 15, 2006 7:23 PM
well, its official, the car is a write off. i got the call this afternoon, and the car is back home now. i dont know how much im getting, the people i hit havent reported yet. i dont know whats going to happen there, im just happy that ive gotten the car back and i can do what i please with it, except drive it. the damage is a bit worse than i thought. the motor was pushed back and the power steering pulley was grinding on the heater fan motor. the passenger door doesnt close, the entire a-pillar has been pushed back. it also broke the steering colum from the impact. my hoped are that the block isnt cracked (oil pan is creased from the tow trucks) and the tranny isnt too bad. i can honestly say, if the block is cracked, im calling it quits and getting something different.

Friday, June 16, 2006 8:21 AM
I assume that the internals of the valvetrain and the block were heavily modified??? Obviously you've though every scenario through, But assuming the block isnt cracked it should be fairly easy (that's relative i know) to swap it out to a hatch.

Sorry for the loss. But at least the human driving the car survived! Good luck
Friday, June 16, 2006 7:57 PM
Thats sux bro.. my second car and first j-body was an '85 Cavy Type-10 from Canada. It took rolling the car 11 times before it died I used to take it mudding, pretending I was in the WRC, and it was the ring leader in numerous vandalism sightings.. an all-around fun car and one of the best one's I've had. I wish you the best

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, June 18, 2006 9:27 PM
hey sharkey, not to be a pirate or jump on your cars grave, but if you do decide to just call it quits with the Jbody stuff, Can I call dibs on the interior stuff and swaybars? I'd rather see you using it in another Z24 frankly but if you decide to move on I'd be happy to help you fund the next project

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said

Sunday, June 18, 2006 10:39 PM
im used to the perople trying to buy parts off it now. i had a couple people e-mail me within hours of the accident trying to buy parts.

the motor survived, so im building another car, i just have to find one now. ive been working all weekend and basicly am down to a motor and trans, and a few other salvagable things (some wiring bits, steering rack, hood). im hoping to have everything out in the next couple of days then send it away.

so far finding another car has been pretty tough. i went to look at a car today but the guy sent it off to the wreckers a couple days ago cause the motor smoked. i found a nice 87 hatch, but the guy doesnt wanna sell it. i have a line on an 85 type 10, but i dont know if it will pan out. aside from those 3, i have no other leads.

Monday, June 19, 2006 9:05 PM
Omg I have a 85 type 10 and love it!Granted its all stock and hope u can find what ur wanting or looking for to recreate ur dream.Best of luck and hope u can get something to start at ground zero and bring some life into with ur knowledge and unique style.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 7:54 AM
well, the type 10 hatch was sent to the junkyard cause someone broke the rear glass. it seems like every car i go to look at is sold or sent to the junkyard. ive totaly exausted the hatches now, there are just none around. i know were a couple coupes are at, ill probly just end up in a coupe again

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 11:33 PM
hopefully we find ya a hatch before that point tho!

1st 1st gen on air.....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search