another 1st gen laid to rest - Page 2 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: another 1st gen laid to rest
Thursday, June 29, 2006 4:17 PM
Awwww damn man. Horrible. Sorry to hear her gone. Glad you are considering staying with the brand. How about a blown motor 87 Hatchback Z24.. with a turbo 2.0 swap

Monday, July 03, 2006 7:05 PM
Sorry Sharkey. Those damn drunk drivers, always messing stuff up. That was one of the the nicest J bodies I have ever seen. Anyway I just have a couple of questions because I am working on the gray 1986 four door cavalier with a 2.0L OHV. I wanted to know if the wheels you had on your car (the motegi mr7) where 17" or 18" and wehat kind of tires did you have on it. I always liked the low stance of your car and wanted to know what kind of springs you were using and if they would be compatible for my four door cavalier. Once again sorry to hear about the cavalier and good luck searching for that hatchback. Thanks again.
Monday, July 03, 2006 10:37 PM
my wheels were actualy motegi DP6 17x7", not MR7s. i had yokohama h4s tires, 205/40/r17. i was actualy going to get 215/45/17 for it to fill the wheelwell up a bit more. i had it lowered on sprint springs with kyb gr2 stuts and shocks. all of it would fit a 4 door, or any body style for 82-94.

the search aint goin so well. im out of hatches. i know were there is an 87 2.8l rs coupe, but i cant contact the guy. a friend of mine knows were there is an 86 z24 coupe that may be for sale, so ill see were that goes.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 9:02 AM
215x45x17 will fit any generation j-body, lowered an inch and a quarter or so with proper rim offset. Anything lower then that, or on a car with weak front struts, you'll begin to get some tire rub on the inner fender or fender liner. The tires are a bit taller then stock but not much and it is a good size to run. 215x40x18 would be the next rim size up. Any tire wider then that on stock suspension geometry and stock body will rub either strut or fender lip at full steering lock - a very critical rim offset would need to be choosen and the fenders rolled to avoid that.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search