1st gen Gauge Cluster??? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1st gen Gauge Cluster???
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 6:01 AM
Hey guys I was wondering if all gauge clusters out of all first gens are plug and play, Also does anyone know of anybody with one for sale or and extra one I need one out of an 87 firenza but I am looking for one with a Tach or at least if I cant get a whole cluster I really a speedo mine just spins around I have no idea how fast Im going and I need to get this car safetied and need a speedo to do that. Please respond a.s.a.p.

Re: 1st gen Gauge Cluster???
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 8:39 PM
U can go to http://www.advanceautoparts.com to see if ur speedometer cable is available,it is for my 1985 cav.I am pretty sure the gauge in ur car is fine where as the cable is DEAD or worn out due to no grease on end going into the transmission.U may try removing the cable end and use lithium grease (white in color) napa sells this FOR SURE on the wheel bearing grease aisle.IF after using the grease no change buy a cable for specifically the speedometer!U should not have to much of a issue finding a new speedo cable regardless of the age of the car even napa may carry it,prolly have to order it but so be it.I know this will HELP.By the way the grease I said is called LITH EASE by NAPA.Do not use any aresol spray lithium grease it does not work and advance and auto zone do not sell this,car quest may but not sure.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 12:48 PM
No the cable is fine it is the Spring inside the speedo thats twisted and when i tried to fix it it popped off
Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:42 PM
You may want to look in ur area to see if there are any shops that specialize in repairing speedometers.I have one here in my town and they do repair such problems.The only other thing is to find a used one out of a salvage yard to the best of my knowledge.And at least that way u can turn the mileage to what ur speedo has currently.I am thinking any first gen speedometer would work provided u can find one with what u need.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search