Lowering springs for wagons - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lowering springs for wagons
Monday, June 19, 2006 9:50 AM
I'd like to get my '86 wagon sitting a little lower (maybe 2" drop or so") and riding mor firmly. Are the wagon's rear springs the same as any other Cavalier models? (i.e. a coupe, sedan, or hatch) I don't see any way to cut a coil or two off the rear springs, as the shape of the spring prohibits cutting and re-using. I assume the front springs are the same as any other Cavalier, but I suspect the rear springs are wagon-specific.

Anyway, advice regarding lowering an '86 wagon would be appreciated.

SteveM.

Re: Lowering springs for wagons
Monday, June 19, 2006 11:35 AM
all springs up to 94 are the same, wagon vert ect...

1st 1st gen on air.....
Monday, June 19, 2006 2:21 PM
Thanks for the info. Are there any "preferred" springs in general (do most guys recommend one brand over another)? How about a favorite vendor for this kind of thing? I'm new to the J-body scene, but know that in most areas of interest, there are some vendors who are considered to be better than others.

Would there be any benefit to getting some Z24 springs from a wrecked/junked car?

SteveM.
Monday, June 19, 2006 3:17 PM
z24 springs wouldn't be worth it, IMO the best springs for the $ would be the sprint springs..... prolly one of my favorite springs of all time....... decent drop, but make sure that you do your struts/shocks as well i suggest the kyb Gr2's they seem to handle the drop decently....

1st 1st gen on air.....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search