my custom grill - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my custom grill
Sunday, September 10, 2006 10:20 PM
not a huge change from stock, but it was a pile of work. i always hated the bowtie in the middle of the grill, but being moulded into the grill, it isnt easy to remove. after about 10 hours of work, this is what turned out.

other updates:

ive got the interior pretty much all swapped over to my old black stuff. i have yet to finish my trunk off, i have to build a new sub box and im realy not looking forward to that being i no longer have access to a table saw. i now have aquired a complete z24 front clip, and have my valance all fixed. once i find a body shop that will do the body work and paint the car, i will be swapping the z24 hood, bumpers, sirts, my old trunklid with wing, doors (my other doors are power locks and windows) and building my custom side skirts. hoping to have paint on the car by christmas.

Re: my custom grill
Monday, September 11, 2006 4:59 AM
i love it man , wanted to due that on mine but it was to mush work so i quit , but seing what it looks like i may work on it again.

Monday, September 11, 2006 5:52 PM
How did you manage to do it? Sanding / shaping and some urethane putty?

Looks hot.

Monday, September 11, 2006 6:17 PM
i cut the entire area were the emblem was, then i had a hole. i was shaping some flat plastic, and that was going alright, then my other car got written off, so i had a broken grill to use peices from. i ended up cutting a bar out of the other grill and glueing it in, and glueing the uprights in. i then sanded it, willed the cracks with bondo and finnished it off. it was a lot of tedious work.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 1:52 AM
i don't know why people remove emblems from their vehicles..

we know what you drive.

you know what you drive.

be proud.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 5:49 AM
because it cleasn up the looks, oh and tha grill looks awsome
Tuesday, September 12, 2006 3:22 PM
the 1st gen grille looks aweful!
steve good job man! sucks that all that came out once you hit it with the semigloss!

1st 1st gen on air.....
Thursday, September 14, 2006 7:05 PM
Jamie C wrote:because it cleasn up the looks, oh and tha grill looks awsome

i disagree but beauty is in the eyes and we each have our own sets of those.

if i did anything to my grill it would be to chrome it or put a fresh coat of black on it...

Thursday, September 14, 2006 8:36 PM
the reason i remove emblems is to clean the car up. it looks a lot better without a bunch of lettering on the car. i know what it is, but a lot of others dont, and i love to keep them wondering.

down the road after its painted im gonna add some badges, well actualy decals. i wll likley do a 2.8l H.O. on the fender were the 2.8l mpfi was, and something on the trunk, undecided on it yet.

Saturday, September 16, 2006 9:32 AM
what does 2.8l H.O. mean?

Saturday, September 16, 2006 9:33 AM
i know what 2.8l means, just the H.O.

Saturday, September 16, 2006 10:12 AM
it stands for 2.8l high output. its the motor that was in the fiero, and thats what i based my motor build off of. realy it was just a bigger cam, higher compression and larger injectors, but it did make 140hp.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 7:52 PM
awesome.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 5:43 PM
I took all my emblems off my sunbird except the front and rear arrowheads, and of course the TURBO/FI callouts on the fenders.

I agree - I think it cleans them up.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search