84 Doors - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
84 Doors
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 7:08 PM
Hey Forum-

My 84 Passenger door has recently become inoperative from the inside handle.

Any thoughts as to what it could be? The handle moves, but does not open the door. I suspected the power door lock actuator (aftermarket) that I installed with the keyless entry.

Anyone experience this? I did replace the lock mechanism on the driver side several years back...

As always comments / advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

Re: 84 Doors
Saturday, September 09, 2006 4:39 AM
Could be the handle itself broke on the inside... mine just did the same thing on the drivers side... or it could be something as simple as one of those plastic clips in there that hold the rods came loose or broke. Not too hard to take the door panel off and find out.

I plan on living forever... so far so good
Saturday, September 09, 2006 8:34 AM
I have the door panel off, everything moves as expected, but the outside handle compresses the lock about 1/2 more than the inside and works - where as the inside does not. It does not look like any clips fell off. I don't get why this just started.

Saturday, September 09, 2006 1:19 PM
I had my driver door lock replaced back in 95. I think that is where this is headed, all clips are on, I just have to pull the handle further than I should to get it to open from the inside.

I will start shopping for locks.

Anyone need a power door lock actuator?

Paul

Saturday, September 23, 2006 4:34 PM
It was the lock, I swapped one in from a low mile 88 formula and we are all set!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search