Strut Tower Brace Install - Page 2 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Strut Tower Brace Install
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:15 AM
Figured I would just stick the picture here already...

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 10:30 AM
What a nice hot, long weekend to get things done…mostly.

Finally got to put wire loom on my wires, I feel much better about that. Got the driver side door on, and didn’t feel like playing around with the passenger side door.

But about that strut tower brace…WTF??????????????

I pushed the wires aside on the blower on the passenger side of the car and the brace went over the bolts, then around to the driver side of the car. Looks like there is just barely enough room to put the brace on and not have a problem against the power steering lines, but what does that matter when the holes don’t meet the bolts on that side!

There shouldn’t be a difference Skyhawk to Cavalier should there? Hopefully I can find the time to figure out how to post pics soon to show everyone, but the hole for the forward bolt (check Paul’s pic above) just misses, and the hole for the rear bolt isn’t even close.

Is there any reason I shouldn’t just drill holes in the brace to fit?
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:16 PM
Wayne-

I had the wrong year one the first time around, but you REALLY know by looking at it. The power steering lines can be moved towards the firewall by reversing the bracket - that worked for me. If your washer bottle is not firewall mounted you SHOULD be home free. LOVE to see some pics of what you ran into...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search