86 14,000 original mile hatch Z-24 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
86 14,000 original mile hatch Z-24
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 3:51 PM
I just recently inherited my fathers 86 Z-24. IT has 14,000 original miles and the car is as it was the day my dad picked up from chevrolet. Even smells new. I hope the pics work. http://i1.tinypic.com/1zody4m.jpg
http://i6.tinypic.com/1zoe29t.jpg

Re: 86 14,000 original mile hatch Z-24
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:11 PM
Nice Z!

Welcome to JBO and thanks for sharing your hatch with us. Hit up Mike under the username SKI SM, he also has a nice hatch with low miles and a similar history.

Take care of her

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 10:53 PM
Very nice and YOU are very lucky to have a small piece of history even being just a cavalier!!NICE and all the other drool words hope u care for it properly and enjoy it as well.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 8:24 AM
Man that's a really nice hatch. Keep it looking good

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Wednesday, July 12, 2006 1:35 PM
i am thinking about selling it actually. I inherited this car from my father who passed in march of this year. he absolutly loved this car(thought sometimes more then me lol) . Here is my dilemma and no offense to anyone who might read this but i am a ford man at heart. I own an 82 mustang notchback that i love as much as my dad loved his Z-24. This Z is in my backyard and i have no room for this car. I believe my pop would rather let me sell it to someone who would love it as much as he. I would in turn invest what i got into my beast. So basically i am testing waters right now. Would any one have a REALISTIC value to this car minus of course the sentimental value. Many thanx eddie
http://i2.tinypic.com/1zqedk8.jpg
Wednesday, July 12, 2006 3:11 PM
This can be dangerous territory. Here's my findings / thoughts for what they're worth...

NADA retail is $3,100 but that's a joke.

KBB retail is $1,640 with all the options checked. That's an even bigger joke.

Krause publication's "Old Cars Price Guide" would list it closer to $6,000 (get a new copy to see where its at)

If I were looking for one, I would pay $5500-$8000 for one with that low miles. The market is getting better for some of these 80's cars, but not by a lot. It also depends on where you market it, post it up for sale, etc. Car shows and cruise night type events would be a great market for that rather than the usual Car Trader or classified ads.

I would hold onto it or put it in storage until you have a bigger place, but that's just me. Sounds like there's too many memories to just sell the car, but good luck whatever you decide.

Friday, July 14, 2006 7:43 AM
5,500 to 8,000 are you for real for a z24 hatch in nice condition wow i would have never guessed...sweet car love the color (better than my hatch color) and the whells they are still shinny like new omg lol......i would keep it... come on...you can have 2 beasts......or if you sell it be very selective because it should go to a good home.

Friday, July 14, 2006 11:18 AM
that will be the deciding factor if i do sell it is who would be buying it..very selective just out of respect for my dad you know?
Sunday, July 16, 2006 7:12 AM
wow that hatch is nice enough that I'd make the drive out to michigan to buy it. As nice as it is though, I think the most I could ever justify paying for it would be 4500 or so though, because no matter how nice it is, its still just a very old J-body. Sorry about your dad Ed, maybe before you seriously consider selling it you should check out V6Z24.com and see if maybe they can't sway you to '"the dark side"... It'd be really cool to drop a 3400 in there with a turbo and go smoking stangs in your pops' old car.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, July 17, 2006 8:12 AM
You know i have a friend who has been trying to get me to do just that. i Thought about that real hard but then that would just get me into 2 projects. you know what i mean my wife is like one or the other.
Tuesday, July 18, 2006 2:55 AM
Eddie Hassett wrote:You know i have a friend who has been trying to get me to do just that. i Thought about that real hard but then that would just get me into 2 projects. you know what i mean my wife is like one or the other.

nope i have no idea what you mean single w/ both nuts still firmly attached thank you!

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said

Friday, July 21, 2006 5:25 PM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:
Eddie Hassett wrote:You know i have a friend who has been trying to get me to do just that. i Thought about that real hard but then that would just get me into 2 projects. you know what i mean my wife is like one or the other.

nope i have no idea what you mean single w/ both nuts still firmly attached thank you!
lmao
Thursday, July 27, 2006 1:15 AM
In Ontario you could easily grab 8k for it... THERE ARE no first geh hatchbacks here in Canada.. (they have all rusted to death)

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Thursday, July 27, 2006 2:38 PM
Thanks for the feed back everyone. I think ive come the conclusion to sell the car. I will post in a month or so.
Thursday, July 27, 2006 6:05 PM
omg name your price dude. i'm dead ass serious...

Friday, July 28, 2006 6:37 PM
Eddie-where are you in Michigan?

If you're in the metro detroit area-I wanna see that beauty....

Seeing that warms my heart-as It makes me miss me 87 RS..(my first car)

They are a lot of fun to drive for a little car...

That car is born to cruise on the weekend...

As far as selling it, it depends on what you want more-the money, or knowing the fact that it will have a loving owner.

I couldn't offer you a lot of money-but I could promise that it would be well taken care of...
(treated like a classic)

Saturday, July 29, 2006 7:04 AM
Dave Z wrote:Eddie-where are you in Michigan?

If you're in the metro detroit area-I wanna see that beauty....

Seeing that warms my heart-as It makes me miss me 87 RS..(my first car)

They are a lot of fun to drive for a little car...

That car is born to cruise on the weekend...

As far as selling it, it depends on what you want more-the money, or knowing the fact that it will have a loving owner.

I couldn't offer you a lot of money-but I could promise that it would be well taken care of...
(treated like a classic)
i am in the metro detroit area clinton township actually pm if your interested.....thanx eddie
Monday, August 14, 2006 11:15 PM
That car is insane! I can't believe how many of these things just pop up..especially for people that have little or no interest. I had looked for so long and hard just to find my rusted, dented, and unfortunately now dead 86 hatch. I loved that car so much..I'm looking for a new one right now but wow....that is absolutely astounding. Beautiful piece of machinery, your father must have really loved it. Good luck with whatever you plan on doing with it, but I whatever happens, I hope to see more pictures of it!
Saturday, August 19, 2006 5:10 AM
Eddie-Did you get my e-mail? Just wondering...

Friday, September 08, 2006 4:10 PM
i want more pics

Sunday, September 10, 2006 4:03 PM
For the record there ares till some 1st gens in canada I gotta 87 olds firnze hathcback. but besides that it is a beautiful car and with some work could spank and blue oval beater.

Bowties for Life

Sunday, October 15, 2006 6:07 AM
wish i could get my hands on one

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 10:50 AM
hehehehe i don't have to wish I've got my 87 blue hatch in almost perfect condition sitting in the driveway.... soon to be gutted and in my garage for the mad scientist to go back to work

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Saturday, December 09, 2006 8:35 PM
Very nice hatch! I still have yet to see one with the rear wipe/wash option. Looking carefully! Welcome!

-Mike

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search